+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy and ex GF never ending saga

Guy and ex GF never ending saga

I was asked about this and couldn't answer. A girl who has been seeing a guy for six months has been battling with his ex GF pretty much the whole time. The diffrence is this. The guy absolutely adores her and spends a lot of time with her. he is definately the chaser in the relationship and thinks he has it really good with this girl. he talks marriage and lavishes her with gifts. She is equally affectionate and they have a wonderful time together. BUT
    He has a screwy ex GF that stalks him and emails phones etc every week. It was fine until the girl found out he was returning her calls and even calling her when he didn't hear from her. he even invited her on his sports team. he never told the new girl and then rolls his eyes whenever he sees the ex GF and acts as tho she's satlking.
    that part was self explanitory. ego driven - This next part i need help with :
    the new realtionship starts to break down . The new Girl threatens to leave and big fights erupt. She leaves him three times and He BEGs to get her back. The next day without fail he will put himself in the path of the ex GF and risk losing the new girl. this has happened three times. the new girl asks him begrudgingly to cease all contact with the ex GF . he promises and them promptly goes to the same place he knows the ex GF will be. She is there. they chat.

what is going on in this guy's head? he LOVES the new Girl and never really loved the ex.

you're assuming her LOVES the new Girl and never really loved the ex.

I've "never really loved and ex" and broke all contact after the breakup, no matter how much she would want to talk. I think there are more feelings here than he says. How long did he date the ex? How long were they apart before he dated the new girl?

I also would like to add before you do that I asked the new girl what was going on with her that She would take him back 3 times. Do you think This guy is a co dependant drama addict who cannot get by without the rush of extreme passion?
    hhhmmmm

Thanks Cerby, from the detailed report I got, He never really loved the ex .... They were F* buddies for a long time before ever dating and then he just treated her rather badly for 18 months The new girl came onto the scene 2 weeks after the break up. And only met the ex because the ex stalked her

His words are telling the new girl that he loves her but his actions are telling her the exact opposite to that. New girl is foolish as fk because she has broken up and gotten back with a douche who is still in love with his ex girlfriend.

New girl needs to get some self-worth and tell guy that she can do better than a guy who is pussy whipped by his ex and new girl does not want him bothering her ever again.

New girl is blind to the fact the guy IS STILL VERY MUCH INVOLVED (likely still FB's even) with the ex.. and is either still doing her or trying to do her while he keeps new girl too while trying to fool new girl by acting like he's angry when she calls.

Any relationship of only 6 months where the guy is still very much involved with an ex and you've broken up and gotten back together 3 times in that short period of time is not love. If you stay a minute longer you don't love yourself very much.

P.S. Always be wary of someone who talks about marrying you before they remember the colour of your eyes... it's usually bullshit talk.

P.P.S. he is not acting the co-dependent one, you are (or new girl is ) because you (er her) hate(s) what he does and instead of leaving his disrepecting ass you/new girl keep trying to change him when he has no intentions of changing.

Or, are you the "EX"?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 18-06-11 at 12:14 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

haha wake up thank you for your reply. I am trying to do the right thing with privacy here, but "new girl" is my best friend I have been baffled by this as I've seen them together and he is truely besotted with her. I have also seen a LOT of ex gf and him together, he has a lot of guilt. I kinda agree with your last statement. just wanted a boy's take on it

Well, sorry I couldn't comply on the gender thingy... I'm a woman .. Tell your friend that he's got unfinished biz with the fk buddy and she should stay away from the guy until his processed it or she's just going to get hurt or used some how.

Players always seem "smitten" at the beginning. She's basically told him he can act any way he wants and she'll just return to him and the same disrespect so she should just stay gone this time. New girl is this guy's rebound. Or, so it seems.

BTW: Which last statement do you agree with? That's new girl is the co-dependent you mean?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 18-06-11 at 12:39 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion