+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girlfriend and your friends??

girlfriend and your friends??

I've been with a lad for about 6 months now and he seems to have an issue me being around his friends...he insists its because he doesnt want me being around some questionable people but im not conviced. I just want to be part of his life.
    Any advice?
    Glamourous xx

He may have a fear that they might reveal things about him that he doesn't want you to know. Or he doesn't trust them because they are likely to hit on you. Or he is jealous and it bothers him, Or he's had GFs stolen by them. I'm curious, what does he mean by questionable......are they into selling drugs? are gang members? What?

yeah some of his girlfriends have cheated on him with friends in the past and yes hes a jealous person but i thought him trusting me would make it different, also his friends are involved withdrugs and although i dont take them i dont judge people who do. Is it normal for a man to want to keep his lives separate?
    G xx

Quote Originally Posted by xglamourousx View Post
    Is it normal for a man to want to keep his lives separate?
    Some yes.

Some no.

The same applies to women.

I know when I'm involved with someone, I want them to be a part of my life, and that includes my friends.

There may be resaons for keeping things seperate, but usually these are not 'positive' reasons.

After 6 months together, this does sound a little unusual.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I have friends that I hang out with when I do not have a girlfriend because well they treat women like crap, and do some god aweful things but will never get rid of them because well they had my back for so long. I know that if we all go to a party he will not hesistate to try to test her faithfulness and things llike that. Little things like that. He was a childhood friend not gonna give that up but I do push him towards the backburner for my otherf riends and whoever I am with at the time.
    . My other friends on the otherhand she will end up meetng and hanging out with because well they are pretty much the backbone of my life and if she wants to be in my life she gets all of them as well.
    Now if he is keeping you from all of his friends thats a little odd.

You are only dating so I would just let it go. I'm sure eventually you will meet a decent guy that will involve you in every aspect of his life.