+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean ladies?

What does this mean ladies?

Ok so i told this girl that im "interested in here" and "want to take her on a date". She starting giggling and tells me that she wants to be honest with me. She tells me that she is not mentally ready for a relationship. Since she just kicked her ex to the curb on last Friday, however they were broken up for 3 months. She then tells me im a good guy, a nice catch and she told me that "you dont seem like you just want to have sex with me and leave", which im not.

She then tells me that we should be friends for now and if something happens between us then it does, If not then no harm, we can still be friends(which i completely agree with). She said that she doesnt want me to be a rebound, because she respects me and wants to no hurt me. She told me she went on a date and that she didnt feel like she wanted to be there so she said she is not going to date for a while.

So she never really gave me a yes or a no. Is this a nice way of tell me Thanks but no thanks? Or is this like When im ready im yours? Ive never been good with these types of situations and reading women and this is the first time ever being 24 years old, and telling a woman im interested (usually they come to me... maybe thats why all my ex's are crazy and riddled with drama...

Please help thank you all

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know for sure what SHE is thinking, but if I were really interested in a male, I would *never* ask him to just be friends. I would jump in with both feet. My guess is that she is allowing for the *slight* possibility she may change her mind, but that she doesn't feel any chemistry.

Sorry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by soccio42 View Post
    Or is this like When im ready im yours?
    It's not this. Don't think that way. You only asked her out on a date. Yes, when she's ready, she'll maybe go on a date with you.

Take it as a "no." Anything other than a solid yes is a "no."

yeah i guess you have a point anything thats not a yes is a No. She did tell me that she didnt want to just take me out on a date and have my feelings get hurt so i was thinking shes not ready atm... i guess she doesnt feel anything lol

Don't put too much into this, it's not worth the hassle. When they give you a bunch of crap exuses, and say things like you are a nice guy and a great catch (for someone else) , it is the kiss of death. She is not interested.

She is just is just softening the let down by saying those things and not giving you a direct answer.....total bull s hit I know, but a lot of them will do that.

ahh yeah thats how i feel. Im acting not going to call or text her anymore i wanna see if she get curious... and texts me. She almost even texts me or calls . Oh well thank you everyone for the good advice... i was really mislead by the comment she made which was "let us befriends. If something happens then it does, if not then no... i dont want you to be a rebound."