+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A better ending

A better ending

After three months of NC and random calls and texts from her, I finally gave in. She called me while I was on my way out on a Saturday night and I ended up inviting her to come out with me.

It was nice seeing her again and she said she missed me a lot. She didn't seem to have much going on so I talked about myself. I was showing her something on my phone and she grabbed it out of my hand and starting going through it. She saw that I was spending time with another Ex and found some pictures of me with a couple of girls I've been seeing. She didn't act upset and I didn't mind her looking.

I hung out with her the following night and we talked some more. She admitted that she wasn't 'accidentally' dialing my number, but that she was lonely and missed having me to talk to, I told her I didn't contact her because I needed to move on. Then, she said she wanted to try things again. This is what I've been waiting for, not for malicious reasons, but because when we split she said so many hurtful things, that it really made me question my value as a person.

The next part was difficult. We started to get more intimate, but I stopped and gathered myself to tell her that I didn't want to try our relationship again. I only wanted to be friends. We reminded each other of the great times, but also reminded ourselves about how we were just not compatible.

We still both care for each other and miss each other, but we both know it cannot work. She remembers more of the good things about me than the bad, and that I was good enough to her that I was worth another shot.

This is how I wanted things to end.
    Last edited by 98db; 28-06-11 at 03:38 AM.

wow... good for you dude!

Well I'm an idiot. Instead of just 'being friends' I've been spending a lot of time with her over the last few days. I am half smiling and shaking my head in disbelief.

Now I am thinking about trying things again, complete with a trip to Maui to kick it off with a bang.

Quote Originally Posted by 98db View Post
    Well I'm an idiot. Instead of just 'being friends' I've been spending a lot of time with her over the last few days. I am half smiling and shaking my head in disbelief.

Now I am thinking about trying things again, complete with a trip to Maui to kick it off with a bang.
    hahahah your nuts

Quote Originally Posted by 98db View Post

hahaha...the heart does what the head doesn't understand. Sometimes you just have to follow your heart and pray to God that it was the right decision! I'm smiling for you! Do what makes you happy

Hurt me once, Shame on you.
    Hurt me Twice, Shame on me.

I personally wouldn't go back into a relationship with someone who was quite happy enough to break your heart for what ever reason, You will get hurt again.