+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need an opinion?

I need an opinion?

So, my ex and I are long distance. I live in Ontario and she lives in Nova Scotia. We've dated for a year long distance. I'm 21 and she is 18. I know I know.. shes very young still. Problem is I love her and cant seem to forget about her no matter how hard I try. She left me a month ago, the break up was not mutual. I wanted to be with her still. Since the break up shes done alot of nasty things to hurt me.. She even told me that a week after we broke up she gave some guy oral sex and he gave her oral aswell. She said that she was drunk, and it didnt mean anything to her like it did when we would do it. She since told me she has never been with a guy since that guy in that way. She calls me "a ****en idiot" since we broke up.. She never swore at me before.. o_O. And overall just treats me like crap. This girl is completely a different girl than the one I know from when we dated. Thing is despite everything she put me through I still love her.. And trust me I've been through alot especially when she told me about that guy.. I was crying my eyes out screaming, saliva spewing from my mouth, punching my bedroom door and crawling up into a ball for atleast 2 hours. I have not been with a single girl since the break up.. only have been talking to girls for advice. I need some help as to what I should do. Currently her and I are "friends".. She is alot nicer to me now.. but she talks about things I dont really want to hear.. and I still love her in hopes maybe she might revert back one day and see everything she has done wrong.. I know people make mistakes and deserve second chances? Any advice?

I think you answered your own question with' I know she is still very young', hell, your still young too! By the sounds of it she is a young girl just starting to experience and experiment with life. She is working out who she is and where she fits in with the adult society. Why do you think it's a common fantasy among men to be with a 18 yr old? Looks of course, youthfulness is very attractive but also because they are eger to please and somewhat naive. This is amplified if she has abandonment issues, especially with dad/men. She may 'love' you again if you decide to pursue her but how true the love is should be questioned. My advice is to accept that for the next year or more she is going to be making all the mistakes an 18yr old will make, if you do love her, stay in touch, brace yourself for a world of hurt and confusion and wait out the storm but be prepared, she might not be who or what you wanted or expected when all is said and done. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Becca-leigh View Post
    I think you answered your own question with' I know she is still very young', hell, your still young too! By the sounds of it she is a young girl just starting to experience and experiment with life. She is working out who she is and where she fits in with the adult society. Why do you think it's a common fantasy among men to be with a 18 yr old? Looks of course, youthfulness is very attractive but also because they are eger to please and somewhat naive. This is amplified if she has abandonment issues, especially with dad/men. She may 'love' you again if you decide to pursue her but how true the love is should be questioned. My advice is to accept that for the next year or more she is going to be making all the mistakes an 18yr old will make, if you do love her, stay in touch, brace yourself for a world of hurt and confusion and wait out the storm but be prepared, she might not be who or what you wanted or expected when all is said and done. Best of luck
    Well, for the next couple years being that I'm going back to school and want a successful career out of it, I will be busy with school. I am up for the world of pain coming my way because I know shes going to be making stupid decisions and good ones too, hell.. Shes already telling me about the decisions shes making that I find extremely idiotic, but I believe thats just because i'm a bit older with a little more experience. Anyways I really appreciate the extremely unbiased advice.. probably the most sound/level headed advice i've heard all week. Thanks alot.

I'm 21, and my ex is 19. We are in the same boat except for the long distance. Since the break up, she hasn't been treating me how she used to. I even found out that she slept with two other guys. That kinda of pushed me over the limit and to stress the No Contact rule. I blocked her on facebook and I hope that NC works.

If NC doesn't work, I'll eventually move on just like everyone else. But I really hope NC brings her back. Even though her decisions are stupid. Even though she is selfish and has only been thinking about her self to the point that she would only be nice to me to use me. Women, can't live with em, can't live with out em.