+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with a guy who is in a relationship

In love with a guy who is in a relationship

A little more than a month I met this guy. He's a friend of my friend's boyfriend. I never liked anyone as much as I like him. It turned out he knows me from the childhood even though at first I didn't remember him. He's in a relationship but not for very long. He doesn't seem to care enough about here because he doesn't take her with him when he for example goes to the beach. But he always asks "is "eugirl" not coming"? What does it mean? This "bothers" me so much. I can't even study. Never in my life did I like someone as much as I like him. Please guys, what does this mean? People tell me if he askas about another girl while he's in a relationship he would probably do the same to me...but maybe he just isn't happy in his current relationship? Sorry if I made grammatical errors, english is not my first language.

I think modern women should get over this issue in modern times, especially since nothing good can ever come of it. Whatever happened to enjoying the moment with someone you like? Besides, there is no guarantee that he will feel the same about you, forever. Why not try to be a friend with benefits to find out his intentions?

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr916 View Post
    I think modern women should get over this issue in modern times, especially since nothing good can ever come of it. Whatever happened to enjoying the moment with someone you like? Besides, there is no guarantee that he will feel the same about you, forever. Why not try to be a friend with benefits to find out his intentions?
    WTF? He has a girlfriend. Unless he is a cheater, why would he wants friends with benefit with the OP?

OP, you are going to look like a classless bitch if you go after him. Your choice, if you don't care what people think and you don't mind risking rejection or getting played by him, you can try tempting him to see if he bits. Although, even if you can catch him, it means he wouldn't be very loyal anyways.

OP. Don't go after him.

Heres a scenario for you to consider:

Hes with this girl, but you start hitting on him. He decides he likes you a lot more. He breaks up with his girlfriend (which is btw, bitchy to do.), and goes out with you. NOW, another girl comes along that is more attractive, nicer, and more fun than you. She starts hitting on this guy as well. Judging on past behavior, what do you think he will do?

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    WTF? He has a girlfriend. Unless he is a cheater, why would he wants friends with benefit with the OP?

OP, you are going to look like a classless bitch if you go after him. Your choice, if you don't care what people think and you don't mind risking rejection or getting played by him, you can try tempting him to see if he bits. Although, even if you can catch him, it means he wouldn't be very loyal anyways.
    He could be into polyamory. Why be so judgmental? What would be wrong with trying to be a friend (with benefits)? You make it seem like a girl can have to many friends.

Well, I have a very open minded outlook on this kind of situation. First of all, it's only been a month. Don't confuse love with lust.
    The only advise I can give is tell you about a similar situation I was in.
    Ok so I met Larry on an online dating site. He instant messaged me and we hit it off instantly. I learned right away that he knew my very close friend. They used to work together. So ofcourse, the first chance I got, I got the low down from her about Larry. She gave the green light to go ahead and meet him. She said he was a really nice guy. Hard working, friendly, all round good guy to know. I was excited to meet him. We had sooo many things in common. It felt so easy to talk to him, like I knew him for years.
    Then the night before our planned meeting, he told me he had a girlfriend! He said he was falling out of love for her, they argued all the time. blada blada blada. And I fell for it.
    I went ahead and agreed to meet him the next night. We hit it off in person as well. More than I could have ever dreamed.
    It became a routine meeting. Going out for coffee, long drives along the coast. He always told me he wants to be with me, but he needs time to break it off with her. They were together 3 years, blada blada blada. We were sneaking around for 6 months. I finally got a back bone and demanded that he choose what he wanted. Either her or me. I never heard from him after that.
    I was hurt. I fell in love with this guy. We were perfect for each other, or so I thought.
    Don't make my mistake. I really trully thought he was going to leave her. And he didn't.