+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys online profiles suck?

Why do guys online profiles suck?

Just wonderin..

Because women's online profiles suck just as much.....

You don't know anything about these guys. If you actually had a conversation with these people, you would probably have your answer. Any hillbilly, drug-addicted, victim of the school system can look exactly the same as a corporate executive with the anonymety of the interwebz. I tend to find more idiots on the web, I assume, because one look IRL can tell you that some people just aren't worth listening to. Here, we actually seem to talk to them.

On the flip-side, guys that actually have a thought to carry a tune don't generally hang out in places like this.

Many online profiles are just awful. As a guy I find that many women say very little about themselves - instead they say what they don't want: a player, a bastard, a liar, somebody unemployed, somebody shorter than 5 foot 8 etc etc.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Many online profiles are just awful. As a guy I find that many women say very little about themselves - instead they say what they don't want: a player, a bastard, a liar, somebody unemployed, somebody shorter than 5 foot 8 etc etc.
    Seems like what she wants is someone taller than 5'8", employed, monogamous, honest, and generally nice... isn;t it pretty easy to deduce some of what a girl wants by seeing what she DOESN'T want?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Because if they were super interesting and funny they would be taken already.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by leoben View Post
    Because if they were super interesting and funny they would be taken already.
    I hate this generalization. It's simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Seems like what she wants is someone taller than 5'8", employed, monogamous, honest, and generally nice... isn;t it pretty easy to deduce some of what a girl wants by seeing what she DOESN'T want?
    Absolutely not, just not true. ESPECIALLY online. People put what they want and don't want all the time on their profile.....and go after the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    Absolutely not, just not true. ESPECIALLY online. People put what they want and don't want all the time on their profile.....and go after the exact opposite.
    I'd have to disagree here. I put exactly what I wanted on my profile and received a responce from the type of person I was hoping for and bingo...2 months later dating and happy.

As for online profiles...yes they are awful when someone puts no thought or effort into it. To me I assume if the person didn't put an effort into their profile or their messages to me they aren't looking for the same thing and I don't bother. Once I became more specific with my profile I was able to whittle down the chaff and luckily I got what I was hoping for.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I hate this generalization. It's simply not true.
    Generally it is true. I only know one really interesting guy who doesn't get laid, and that's because his stomach hangs down to his knees. He probably could if he just asked women out once in a while but he doesn't.

Just look at this forum. There's only two male posters who are frequently entertaining and both are seeing someone or have options.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Generally it is true. I only know one really interesting guy who doesn't get laid, and that's because his stomach hangs down to his knees. He probably could if he just asked women out once in a while but he doesn't.

Just look at this forum. There's only two male posters who are frequently entertaining and both are seeing someone or have options.
    You've already changed your argument from "they'd be taken already" to "they'd get laid".

And two people does not a sample size make.

Everybody has options. Some my only have the choice of which pump to inflate his women but the choice is still there.
    My online profiles usually suck because half-way through I usually take a second look at what I'm doing then leave the house.
    Getting over a broken heart is like being on shrooms. -MaidenMinx

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Which two males are you talking about? Because I know there are more.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    Most of the super gorgeous men I know live like hermits.
    yeah, some of us are just too pretty for a cruel world like this.....

"super gorgeous" is entirely subjective, haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast