+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a little vent (husband is sick)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    What's Dorothy like in real life? She's stuck up, isn't she?
    she's prissy. but she is really sweet! haven't you seen wicked?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I'm no doctor, but it seems very clear to me that your husband has the gay gene.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Plus we are not telling her what she could do to cure her husband with cockamamie remedies or bulls hit herbal pills,etc. That is the real danger on the net, ads for cure alls and gimmicks.
    Unless one a medico (and you aren't) we shouldn't be suggesting any cures at all. The people who actually do have medical training are being very careful to make their suggestions in the context of getting the advice vetted *in person* by a professional, b/c they know its the only way to be sure of anything.

Make sure you understand what my post said, which regards giving medical *advice* over the internet and information, which is fine to a point. But the fact is, most people simply do not have the training to understand the context of the information they read, no matter how much ER they watch on television or how much web surfing they do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Unless one a medico (and you aren't) we shouldn't be suggesting any cures at all. The people who actually do have medical training are being very careful to make their suggestions in the context of getting the advice vetted *in person* by a professional, b/c they know its the only way to be sure of anything.

Make sure you understand what my post said, which regards giving medical *advice* over the internet and information, which is fine to a point. But the fact is, most people simply do not have the training to understand the context of the information they read, no matter how much ER they watch on television or how much web surfing they do.
    I completely agree with all of this, even if I do go looking for extra information.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    I'm no doctor, but it seems very clear to me that your husband has the gay gene.
    LOL!

Hmmmmm... interesting.... so the vomiting is strictly in response to being with me then? It would explain a lot.

heh heh heh heh heh
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    In the event it is gastritis, he should really lay off the liquor and any products that contain aspirin. Actually, those products should be avoided for any GI issues.
    Well at this point he has been alcohol free for a week. Not long I know, but I am just expressing that when he gets like this he doesn't drink. I would have thought that people would have assumed this is a given but not everyone has common sense. :p (meaning that I get that because there are other people that will drink while they are sick and I am clarifying hubby isn't one of them). And as for asprin, I don't keep it in the house (never have, my mother has chronic asthma so it was never around as a kid. We use paracetamol as our main pain killer, though I find ibuprofen w/codeine the most effective, but I digress).

And now another update.... I spoke to soon last night. Yesterday he had a bowel movement and has his colour and his sense of humour back. Yesterday he ate some soup and some arrowroot biscuits (plain cookies) and some dry toast. This morning about 4 am he got up with stomach pains and went for a bowel movement and then vomited at 6 am. He is currently on his way to work (no choice today, he HAS to be there) and I told him in no uncertain terms that he is going to the Dr tomorrow. He whined about the money and I told him I didn't care what we have to give up this week to make it happen. He realised that as it is my birthday on Wednesday that this is quite the offer.... even though there is no point planning dinner out for ones birthday when ones husband is not enjoying food. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

I never suggested a "cure" of any kind. Just ideas on things she could look into with a medical professional......

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Well at this point he has been alcohol free for a week. Not long I know, but I am just expressing that when he gets like this he doesn't drink. I would have thought that people would have assumed this is a given but not everyone has common sense. :p (meaning that I get that because there are other people that will drink while they are sick and I am clarifying hubby isn't one of them). And as for asprin, I don't keep it in the house (never have, my mother has chronic asthma so it was never around as a kid. We use paracetamol as our main pain killer, though I find ibuprofen w/codeine the most effective, but I digress).

And now another update.... I spoke to soon last night. Yesterday he had a bowel movement and has his colour and his sense of humour back. Yesterday he ate some soup and some arrowroot biscuits (plain cookies) and some dry toast. This morning about 4 am he got up with stomach pains and went for a bowel movement and then vomited at 6 am. He is currently on his way to work (no choice today, he HAS to be there) and I told him in no uncertain terms that he is going to the Dr tomorrow. He whined about the money and I told him I didn't care what we have to give up this week to make it happen. He realised that as it is my birthday on Wednesday that this is quite the offer.... even though there is no point planning dinner out for ones birthday when ones husband is not enjoying food. *sigh*
    Vashti had a great suggestion to keep a journal on what he eats, when, and record when he gets sick, his bowel movements, etc. Once you get enough data together, maybe you will see a pattern surface.
    Last edited by smackie9; 18-07-11 at 09:49 AM.

I hope his doctor will finally put an end to this horrible sickness real soon.........stay strong.

*black smelly stool, from what I have read is related to constipation.....stool sitting in his colon for too long. Constipation is probably from dehydration caused by his vomiting....just a suggestion , not to be taken as professional medical advice, so use this info at your own discretion......how's the IndiReloaded, did I cover it?

I have started his food diary, though I don't know how detailed he is willing to make it. I have a feeling this is going to fall back on my shoulders to maintain the bloody thing too. I think when hubby is better I need to have a chat with him about his attitude to his health. I am happy to look after him but I need a little more help from him to get to a point where we have enough information to actually get some sort of diagnosis. I'm feeling rather drained at the moment (last day of school holidays, thank god!) and really don't have the energy to interrogate him every day about his bowel movements, and it would feel like an interrogation. Then again maybe I could design him up a chart to fill out as necessary. Colour, consistency, discomfort level etc etc. I know he can lump quite a few variants of those simple areas under 'fine' because he's the type to prefer not to discuss these things. I completely understand that, I just know that he's going have to get over it, and I'd prefer it not to take a stay in hospital for him to realise this.

So I guess the chart is a good idea. If he just has to tick a few boxes after a bowel movement or a meal that would be easier than him having to describe everything. It would also make it easier to see relevant information over a period of time.

This here is why I vent. For some reason going through the process of typing crap out gives me time to come up with solutions. It's like thinking out loud I guess except the only noise is the tappy tap of the key board.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    she's prissy. but she is really sweet! haven't you seen wicked?
    Best part of the musical (its ho-hum otherwise, IMO)

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123