+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I do the right thing by telling him how I felt?

Did I do the right thing by telling him how I felt?

Did I do the right thing by telling him how I felt? It's been 2 days and he hasn't responded to my email? I was talking to this guy I'm attracted in person one night about my relationship with men. I really didn't want to tell him because he might think different of me, but thought I could just a take a chance. We probably won't see each other for a while so might as well send the email. So I told him that I've always liked him since high school. It's been about 20 years. So, long story short... I just told him "like you"! Plain and simple! I told him that I understand we will never be...I told him that I don't have the qualities he's looking for in a girl. I also told him that we have great converstations, great sex and he's my homey and I'm happy with that.

.... Do you think you really told him how you felt or you just hinted at how you felt so that he would tell you how he felt about you? What do you really want from this man? Whatever it is I suggest you ask him if he wants the same thing and if he doesn't then exit stage left before you're his bed buddy forever waiting for the next time you get to screw him and give up on other men for those crumbs.

What is you really want? If it's just to let him know that you like him, then I think he knows that. Most people who continue having a casual sexual relationship at least have to "like" one another.

I suppose it depends on what you meant to accomplish by that email as to wheather or not you did the right thing. So: What is it you meant to accomplish?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-07-11 at 12:40 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Good! You needed to get that off your chest, and you've done that. Now he may or may not be feeling the same for you. Be ready for that. Just keep in mind that it always takes two to tango.
    Last edited by jb1111983; 22-07-11 at 04:58 PM.