+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship lacking intimac. I really, really need advice!

Relationship lacking intimacy. I really, really need advice!

Hello there!

Well, it's quite a long story but I'll try to shorten it down and keep it detailed.

April last year I fell in love with a girl, my first true love. We hung out a lot and we started getting feelings for each other after sometime, but the problem was that she had a boyfriend. Long story short; it didn't work out in the beginning because she had a boyfriend (obviously), but I kept waiting for her. A lot happened in the meantime (she broke up with her boyfriend September) between April last year and March this year, but after almost a year things sorted out, and we finally turned into a couple the middle of March.

Things went smoothly, even though it was a bit strange at the beginning seeing as we had been friends for such a long time, but now; almost a half year later, the foundation with having such a strong friendship seems really good. In the beginning things went quite fast, I guess it didn't take more than a week until we had had sex, and we continued having sex until the start of May. There were no problems and it was really just a lot of fun. No awkward situations or nothing, and we talked about sex without any problem, and yeah, everything seemed flawless. The only thing that didn't work out too well was the fact that she wasn't able to get an orgasm vaginally, like with the G-spot and everything, but I said that it's not common to be able to do so. I didn't think it would be a big problem, but I guess I was wrong.

In the start of May she wasn't really that into sex anymore, and I asked her what the problem was... she replied that she doesn't really feel like she gets anything from having sex seeing as she ain't able to come vaginally. I respected her answer and I didn't really think it would mean that we would have to stop with sex; but quite soon I realized that the sex had completely stopped. I talked to her again about a week later and asked her if there were something else, some underlying reasons. She told me that she wasn't 100% honest with her first answer, and she said that every time we are done having sex she feels "dirty". She said that she feels like it's a bit too much to have had sex with two people when she's only 17 years (one year younger than me), but I told her that it ain't really that much, both she had sex with meant a lot to her, and she shouldn't think like that. She also told me that she's afraid the relationship will only evolve around sex. I asked her if it had anything to do with me, but she told me that it was the same with her ex. I couldn't do anything else to accept what she had told me, and well, I love her, so seeing as we always have a lot of fun when we're together without having sex, I didn't really think of it as a problem.

About a month ago we were lying in bed watching a movie, when she turned to be and asked me "What are you thinking about?" I replied honestly and told her "Sex" and she replied "Do you miss it?" and I said "Yeah, kinda..". She kissed me and we started making out, and I knew exactly where this was heading. I was happy, but still not really comfortable seeing as I wasn't really sure if she really wanted to have sex, or just have it for my sake. So I stopped her, actually thinking with the correct head, and said "Listen, you don't have to do this if you don't want to, I respect what you told me." and she stopped, became silent, I gave her a hug and we continued watching the movie. At this point I understood that she still wasn't up for having sex, and it made me kinda sad, as I really miss it, and I feel it's an important factor in a relationship..

Anyways, it's almost 3 months since we had sex, and about 2 weeks since we had any kind of closeness (aka, being half naked, touching etc etc). And I'm really, really starting to miss it. It's not only the sex, but it's everything. I feel like after we stopped having sex everything physical has been dimmed down as well. I really do respect her decision, and even though how cliche this sounds; "a man has his needs", I do need it. Not in the terms of unconditional sex, but actually being so close to another person. I guess you could say I'm really starting to need the intimacy I feel like we're lacking. And seeing as her problem is something I should really respect I think it's hard to converse about this topic. I feel like I just have to accept it, but it's really starting to get difficult.

If you bothered to read this; I thank you! If you've ever been in the same situation, or if any women here have felt the same in some way, please tell me. Please give me some advice on how to handle this, and how I can possibly change what she thinks.
    If you have any questions, please ask!

Best regards; frustrated 18 year old boy/man.

Edit: I forgot to add though, when she said that she felt kinda dirty, she also said that she's afraid that the relationship will only evolve around sex.
    She said the reason for this was because she was one time on her way to her ex, and she thought to herself "Today we will not do anything physically(as in sex)" probably because she wanted to keep things away from being just sex, and even though she promised herself that they wouldnt have sex, they did.
    Last edited by sythmod; 31-07-11 at 04:20 AM.