+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Travelling from area to area in Los Angeles ,CA. How much time it will take?

Travelling from area to area in Los Angeles ,CA. How much time it will take?

Anyone here well travelled in LA? I'm inquiring on how many minutes or hours it will normally take to travel to different areas in LA by car, bus, and train?

I went to askjeeves.com. I found this map of LA. I asked for the driving direction from Nevin to Mount Washington for example. The total estimated driving time is 13 min. [url]http://maps.ask.com/dd?sa1=Nevin&fa1=Mount+Washington&sa2=Los+Angeles% 2C+CA&fa2=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&btnGetDD=Search+Direct ions&qsrc=108[/url]
    13 min?!? That's an extremely short time. Those areas are located at the extremes of LA. Isn't LA a huge city? I also asked the driving duration from area to area. It will only take you short minutes! Was it by car or train or bus or maybe plane?

Another question. How many Fire Department does LA have? How many Fire Stations? I searched the LA Fire Department it is located at 200 North Main St. [url]http://www.lafd.org/[/url] Is that the only LA Fire Department or therer are others?

thanks for the feedback in advance.
    Last edited by friendlydays; 26-01-05 at 06:11 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All I know was the highways in LA are horrendous. And you can practically taste the smog. Traffic jams are a daily norm over there...I am not exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    All I know was the highways in LA are horrendous. And you can practically taste the smog. Traffic jams are a daily norm over there...I am not exaggerating.
    thnx for the feedback. when you were there how many minutes or hours it took you to travel in highway to go to different areas in la? i just want to know how come the drivign durations from area to area in LA is only very short minutes according to this site: [url]http://maps.ask.com/dd?sa1=Nevin&fa1=Mount+Washington&sa2=Los+Angeles% 2C+CA&fa2=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&btnGetDD=Search+Direct ions&qsrc=108[/url] Was it by car, bus, train or maybe plane? Am I not reading right?

Anyone who has travelled in LA or is living in LA can you please reply???