+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I find t he stregth to leave?

How do I find t he stregth to leave?

Hi, I've posted recently about my problems but it just seems it's no use. I Dom't love her anymore, don't like her kids, and have concluded that ewe have nothing in common, no comparability, do very very little together, and just gonthrough the motions. We live in seperate rooms most of the time - it's like having two flats in one house.
    We share the same bed but hang off each side fornfear of touching and any intimacy has gone other than just lust - but not initiated by her.

I'm just scared of losing everything I've worked so hard away from home for for the past 10 yrs whilst her and her kids have sat back and taken the benefits. I'm no angel, not trying to say it's all her fault but there's nothing there.

I just don't have the guts to end it. I know if I said it's over she accept it without question and that really hurts - she simply doesn't care and just goes through the motions whereas I can't do that. I'm shut out in my own house whilst she and ker kids sit in the other end of the house as if I don't exist.

For the 1st time tonight I really wondered ifmit's worth going on with my life. I'm so unhappy and they don't give a rats behind. I work away for 5 weeks at a time then have 5 weeks off. I go away in 2 weeks and am dreading it as I can't see the point in going on anymore. There's nothing to come home for and therefore nothing to work away for as they don't give a sh*t whether I'm alive or dead.

How do I get thebguts to end it and restart my life. I'm 54 and don't haves a clue what to do and it scares me and therefore that's a big reason I can't leave this nightmare.

Tks, Murray

Murray, Murray, Murray. 54 Is young, if you join an online dating site, especailly one with a shitty reputation like POF you'll hook up with some chippy in no time. Just make sure they don't use you for your money and proceeds from the breakdown of the relationship you're currently in. I think you've been there and done that one already, eh?

Buck up, hitch up your trousers and leave the dead end you currently find yourself in. Why would you stay there when you are so unhappy? There's no magic pill. You either have to change your life or change your state of mind. Figure out which one is the easiest route to happiness for you either leaving or accepting and being content where you are... take the first step to the rest of your life.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Check your local laws on co-habitation, maybe check with a lawyer to learn your rights. I suggest a hidden bank account or give your assets to a family member to protect yourself. The reason she stays is because you are a provider and she is milking this as long as she can. Once you have your finances in order, etc.....time to have a serious talk with her, and work out how you will separate. You worry about a negative reaction, but I'm pretty sure she wants out too......just waiting for you to make the first move.

It`s not about not caring, you both have become tired of the relationship....everyone needs a change.....relationships expire just like the mayonnaise in your fridge.