+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend and I got into a fight, he's mad, I don't know what I am, what to do?

Boyfriend and I got into a fight, he's mad, I don't know what I am, what to do?

Okay, so I need some major advice. My boyfriend and I got into a' fight' last night, I don't even know if you'd call it a fight, I was at a bad point with my depression last night, called him up, and I don't know, things went down, he ended up saying he didn't care that I was in such a bad mental state, and he was tired, and whatever. So, we hung up. No big deal.

Today, he was texting me things like 'I don't really like you right now' and 'I don't care what you do.' or something like that. I'm kind of hurt, but I'm dismissing it, I just don't know what to do. Do I give him space? Attempt to talk it over? What?

I'm trying to keep my own emotions in check and attempt to dismiss what he said, since he said some hurtful things to me last night as well, but yeah. Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks!

What things went down? You're far too vague. It sounds to me as if you're glossing over it because you want to downplay your part in it.

As to his behavior - it's emotional abuse. You're probably better off without him.

What went down with me? On my end, I suffer from depression, and I called my boyfriend to have some support, since I was at a bad point last night, and I don't know, apparently he didn't want to deal with me, and things just went down.

So one vague reference, and one non-answer. I'll move on.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagexpassio View Post
    things went down
    Maybe you should try apologizing him for the things that went down.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagexpassio View Post
    What went down with me? On my end, I suffer from depression, and I called my boyfriend to have some support, since I was at a bad point last night, and I don't know, apparently he didn't want to deal with me, and things just went down.
    My (ex)GF has depression aswell, and i know she sometimes could come across as grumpy, apathetic, hostile or high maintanance while all she wants is a hug and my company. Other times her depression is expressed as her being fragile, crying and curling up on my lap like a 9 year old girl and telling me about the mean people that upset her. I learned to recognise and handle both depressed moods without any resentment or annoyance.

So i repeat HeartIsAching's question: What things went down? How did you behave towards him? Because if it was the "I feel crap and you are going to know about it! *evil glare*" approach than i can imagine his reaction. If it was the "I feel so crappy, can i have a hug while you listen to me? *bambi eyes*" approach then he's an idiot for reacting the way he did.

Of course, perhaps the mood and behaviour you showed was something entirely different. We can't advice you until we know how/what both parties did and the circumstances.
    Last edited by LoneWolfie; 04-08-11 at 03:57 PM.

How often do you do this?

If all you wanted was a little support and you made that clear to him and he acted the way he did, then it is time to move on. Because that sounds to me that he doesn't take you or your depression seriously. And that kind of disrespect is something no one deserves. Don't just try to ignore the things that were said because you are scared of losing him. Losing him might actually do you a world of good.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!