+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Heartbroken. Any Friendly Words/Advice?

Heartbroken. Any Friendly Words/Advice?

So basically i just need some friendly words or sonething. anyways heres my story:

over a year ago i met this this girl and we became friends. well over the course of a year our relationship grew stronger and closer and, of course, i developed feelings for her. when i told her how i felt, she told me she was confused because she had feelings for me too but she never said anything and she was already talking to another guy about them two going out. well this other guy happens to be a close friend of mine and he suffers from bipolar disorder. so shes told me that shes been having a hard time to choose between being with me, someone who knows her more than anyone and has been there for her thru hard times, and they were really hard times, or being with my friend who needs help. well as it turns out shes choosing him over me. now i dont feel any anger or anything like that towards him or her, i still get along with them just fine, but i still cant help but feel heartbroken and idk how to get over her without abandoning her cuz she still needs me :'( any advice of cheerful words are welcomed

I would suggest minimizing the contact at least for a couple weeks, you need to give yourself time to heal and if you still talk to her just as much it will only prolong your feelings of pain. The good news is that you don't have any memories as a couple together. I know this is what you want but I've been broken hearted after I realized that a friend didn't want me and I've been broken hearted after a break up and trust me the pain is a lot worse after a break up.

You need to let the possibility of being with her go for yourself. Once you feel that your feelings for her aren't so painful then you can go back to the way things were before. Stay friends, be there from her. The best relationships a based on close friendships, those 2 may never work out and she still could be yours one day. The thing is you don't know what the future will hold fire either of you so at this point your only option is to let go of possibility for the relationship and trust that if it is meant to be it will happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtom8p View Post
    I would suggest minimizing the contact at least for a couple weeks, you need to give yourself time to heal and if you still talk to her just as much it will only prolong your feelings of pain. The good news is that you don't have any memories as a couple together. I know this is what you want but I've been broken hearted after I realized that a friend didn't want me and I've been broken hearted after a break up and trust me the pain is a lot worse after a break up.

You need to let the possibility of being with her go for yourself. Once you feel that your feelings for her aren't so painful then you can go back to the way things were before. Stay friends, be there from her. The best relationships a based on close friendships, those 2 may never work out and she still could be yours one day. The thing is you don't know what the future will hold fire either of you so at this point your only option is to let go of possibility for the relationship and trust that if it is meant to be it will happen eventually.
    Thanks for the advice. and ur right, i need to minimize the pain if i wanna get over this. and true, no one knows what the future holds, but that doesnt mean it wont get better. thanks again