+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to NOT become a rebound?

How to NOT become a rebound?

Hey all, it's been a long time since i've posted here.

Last time was with my ex which i've completely gotten over YAY
    I've also posted last time that I met up with a girl who i've known for quite some time, at the time we met she had a boyfriend. And he was on that festival too but she was feeling me the whole time, touching my ass and looking and smiling at me.

Then I saw her again in a bar a month later but then she was really cold nonetheless I volunteered to drive her home and she said yes and she convinced her friends who were with her to come too, she also showed me her home.

Now there's an upcoming festival at my village and she wanted to stay and sleep at my place with some of her friends so they can go there. Obviously I agreed and she wanted to sleep in my bed. At the time we discussed this she still had this boyfriend.

Now a few days ago she suddenly texted me in like 7 in the morning saying that her boyfriend has no mutual feelings for her and he ended it. She then started to text that she's feels depressed and stuff like that so I called her in the evening to make sure she's okay, she then visited me with her cousin last weekend and we went out together taking her mind off etc.

I invited her to my home for the first time and she met my father and we sat on the sofa and I have ALOT of movies and she said that she needed something to take her mind off so I said well look i've got alot of movies thats bound to take it somewhere and she said AH yeah! I could come over and we can watch one together i'll travel here by bus then, I wasn't really serious let alone expecting a serious answer so i said ah i'll just pick you up. now in the club i've been dancing with her the whole time, I gently touched her rear and she allowed it and when I was talking to my own friends I kinda let my attention slip and then she kept bumping against me so I held her again, in the end she said goodbye and kissed me like half on the lips 3x and gave me a really tight hug and she asked me to text when i got home so I requested the same thing.

Obviously she needed someone to talk to because of her ex boyfriend so im in the friendzone yet im also not because she's physically wanting my attention. Im afraid I'll become a rebound. But I dont want to be one, this may sound strange for a guy but i'm not looking for 1 time sex I actually wanna wait and try to make it work? how do i do this because she's a really sweet girl it takes a while for her to open up. I kinda like her but I dont want to make the same mistakes i did with my ex.

Thanks peeps ^^ counting on you to give some solid advice.
    Last edited by Rabbitt; 16-08-11 at 05:14 AM.

I'm not sure if I have real solid advice, but I would recommend playin hard to get. Kind of how you were in the bar with your friends, "letting your attention slip." However, if you want to pursue something with this girl, still let her know you're there and just let it happen gradually. If you're still worried about being rebound, maybe discuss it with her in a proper setting, not while you're both in the mood.. Find out how she feels, and let her know how you feel, before it get's too serious. The fact that she just got out of a relationship is going to require some patience.

Thanks mate, haven't texted her today ^^ I already asked yesterday if she wanted to catch a movie this week but haven't got a reply while i'm pretty sure she read it. So not going after her like a dog ;P

Anyway more advice from more people?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    her being a female, she most likely won't actively pursue you. so it's all on your shoulders to either prove to her that you are a boyfriend material or let her go.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Thanks but how do I do that? I just spoke with her and we're going to watch a movie together Friday night, I'm going to pick her up and bring her home.

How do you think I should handle the time together? Stay platonic or get flirty? as I said I dont want to be a one time fly, I would like to stick around for a while ^^

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's impossible to know if your relationship is going to last until you give it a try. even if you might be compatible personality wise, you might be complete opposites sexually. don't overthink it. just do it. her, i mean.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj