+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I make the right decision? - should I try to get her back?

Did I make the right decision? - should I try to get her back?

met a beautiful woman 35yr I am 34. We hit it off and been together almost every day since. We have only been together for 2 weeks. but as of today I broke up with her. And here is the story and why.

We are very attracted to each other and we really connected but there were many insecurities underneath. One she is sarcastic and pins jokes at my expense at times and she will also turns things around that I say. For example we went on a day trip and said i could drive next time but she took it as an insult to her driving ability and became defensive then seem like she wanted to pick a fight about it. She remembers everything I say and brings it up to play fight or joke at my expense. I am sensitve and dont enjoy that much.

Then another time we had very little time left together and I wanted to talk about a couple things about our new relationship but she got offended that I was changing the subject. Mind you we were talking about her ex all night long about how he is a jerk etc and I wanted to focus the conversation on us atleast for a bit. Anyways she got offended and made me feel like a jerk for wanting to talk about something else.

So things like that happen alot. She dominates the conversation sometimes too.

So she asked me through email what was wrong because I was quiet last time we went out and I told her I felt like some things I say are often used against me. Long story short she never apologized or tried to work it out with me and my sensitivities. Instead got upset for judging her and bringing up her past. Because I feel like she compares me to her past bad relationships sometimes. I told her that she was insecure why she was always hyper aware of everything I was saying - she gets defensive easily and it started to make me nervous.

So now we are not seeing each other but I can''t help but feel if we could just communicate better we would have an amazing relationship. Maybe we were forcing something. relationships should not be this hard in the begining?

Is it worth salvaging? Is it ridculous to seek a counselor for such an early relationship? I just like her a lot and there seems to be something between us and amazing despite the problems I mentioned. mostly communication. I have issues of being hurt and so does she. So I don;t know to just drop it altogether or pursue some way for us to talk.

Also the damage may already be done

ideas?

Sounds to me as though YOU were interested in communicating with her, but she was only interested in arguing.

She comes across as quite selfish as well as insecure.

Not a good combination.

The idea of counselling seems ludicrous in my opinion. Not after two weeks.

Doesn't sound as though the two of you are really compatible.

So, try and move on, and forget about her, because after all, two weeks is barely a relationship at all.

If anything, you've done yourself a favour by getting out of it.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

I didn't read past the part where she is always talking about her ex and what a jerk he is. I think you did the right thing for that reason alone. Anyone who is talking to a new love interest about an ex when they haven't been asked about their past relationship IS NOT NOVER THEIR EX and are still carrying lots of baggage. That's a huge red flag and i would suggest to anyone who is with someone who does that to distance yourself from them because you are a rebound and he/she will likely dump you once you've helped them regain their own self worth through your attentions, wherein they'll think they can do better than you because they're so fking full of themselves.

JM Opinionated, opinion... save yourself from her crap.. It's only been two bloody weeks.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion