+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He treats me different around his family...?

He treats me different around his family...?

My boyfriend used to treat me different around his mom until her and I got somewhat close, on occasion he still acts a little funny. I went to one family even with him and he go on spurts of just ignoring me which made me feel awful because I didnt know anyone. At times I would ask him to do something and he would get an attitude with me or just ignore me but when his sister and other family members would ask him to do the same he would jump right to it. At one point we were sitting together and he pulled me into him. He had me leaning up against him in then he just got up and I almost face planted into the floor. He just walked away and didnt even look back. When ever he would ignore me completley I would go outside and smoke and wait for him to come find me, let me know that he wasnt ignoring my complete exsistence.

From what I know his family is okay with me. His mom and dad like me and his sister and I are okay, we've only met on a few occasions. I'm suppose to go to a family event tomorrow though and I dont really want to because his actions around me and his family.

Why does he treat me differently around his family? Any clues? In the past I would just let it go but it really bothers me. Tomorrow I'm going to talk to him about it...I was just wondering if anyone had anythoughts.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would expect him to behave differently in front of his family.... they are probably not really interested in seeing smoochy, lovey-dovey behavior first hand, since this isn't they way they know him.

He doesn't need to be rude, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?