+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex feels uncomfortable if i mention our time together??

Ex feels uncomfortable if i mention our time together??

Hey everyone, my ex dumped me 2 months ago but recently we are in contact again, we have met up twice also for 'chats' but just about general stuff! She has told me she has been with guys since our split which i believe, but she insisted she was happy and enjoying her freedom etc However, the last time we met up she looked at me and said "I have to tell you" and blurted out that she had a one night stand a few nights ago and she felt stupid for allowing it to happen! Why did she tell me about that?? Also, if i mention a time we shared together or discuss sex together she tells me it makes her feel uncomfortable and she doesn't want to talk about our time together?? She has also told me that she believes i deserve better then her!!

How do i react to all this?? She insists we will never get back together yet for some reason i have this strong feeling that i can't shake off that tells me deep down she wants me but genuinely feels iam too good for her!!

When we do meet up she seems smiley and happy with me n jokes around n stuff but maybe she's like that with everyone, I dunno!! She never really initiates conversation with me or texts me, it's always me that has to chase her but i feel i have to because Iam aware she's in contact with a few men she met online

we are in contact again, we have met up twice also for 'chats' but just about general stuff
    Why? You were together, she dumped you, it's over, it's not as if you can have friendly get-togethers as if nothing ever happened or discuss your past relationship/sex life as if you were talking about the weather.

She never really initiates conversation with me or texts me, it's always me that has to chase her but i feel i have to because Iam aware she's in contact with a few men she met online
    Stop 'chasing' her. She dumped you and clearly said you're not getting back together, and meeting up with you to tell you about the guys she got with since your break up is simply f'ed up and toying with your emotions. Get away from her.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

I agree with Vanessa:
    She has also told me that she believes i deserve better then her!!

How do i react to all this?? She insists we will never get back together
    Take her words at face value and do yourself a huge favor. Quit hanging out with her. She's a dumb beotch who tells you about her one night stands? What the hell do you want to hang with the likes of her for?

The longer you keep hanging with her and hoping that she doesn't really mean what she said and actually wants you, the longer it will take you to get over her so that you can concentrate on finding a girl who actually wants you with her and would never tell you "we will never get back together." Seriously. Give up and quit hanging with her so she can hurt you with her sexual exploits. Dumb and immature.

it's always me that has to chase her but i feel i have to because Iam aware she's in contact with a few men she met online
    It really is sad that you are still chasing her when she is online and picking up random **** buddies. You're not on the same page anymore so please do yourself a favor and stop contacting her. In fact join a site yourself and get out there and mingle.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 21-08-11 at 08:00 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why are you chasing her???
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I always get so uncomfortable when exes that I have NO interest in anymore talk about our past relationship/sex. Why would you even mention that if it's over? Obviously she doesn't want to think of you like that anymore

Thanks for the replies people but whats confusing me is why does she confide in me that she has alot going on in her head and why would she feel the need to say "i have to tell you, i slept with a guy saturday night and i regret it" She also said she believes i deserve better and i know typically people will say that she is trying to let me down easily but i genuienly believe she feels that way because we often argued over her texting her ex that cheated on her and she has even refered to herself as stupid/foolish!! She also ignored me for the first 5 weeks we broke up so why bother even talking to me now??

Whats confusing me and most likely others on the forum is why you are talking to her?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaalad11 View Post
    Thanks for the replies people but whats confusing me is why does she confide in me that she has alot going on in her head and why would she feel the need to say "i have to tell you, i slept with a guy saturday night and i regret it" She also said she believes i deserve better and i know typically people will say that she is trying to let me down easily but i genuienly believe she feels that way because we often argued over her texting her ex that cheated on her and she has even refered to herself as stupid/foolish!! She also ignored me for the first 5 weeks we broke up so why bother even talking to me now??
    She is trying to hurt you by telling you she is sleeping with others. And she sounds like she has low self-esteem or attention-seeking nature. You probably do deserve better. Cut her off and move on. What a hassle trying to figure out her behaviour, free yourself from her.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaalad11 View Post
    i can't shake off that tells me deep down she wants me but genuinely feels iam too good for her!!
    Hey? What? She dumped you because she thought you were too good for her???? WTF

Oh she told you about the ONS so you would get the hint. The fact shes f@#king other men, would suggest to me its 'curtains' for you.

Easier said then done when you love somebody, she has issues and it is my belief that she wants to change but its easier to not change, she knows i car and that i want whats best for her and i think thats why she wants it to be over (because she cant change and knows we cant work unless she does change) but at the same time (tells me things because she knows i care about her) Should i really walk away or should i be there for her ??

If you TRULY believe that someone is too good for you, you don't admit that. You tell someone that as an excuse to not hurt their feelings, or to avoid any and all conversation about why you don't want to be with them. I've felt that past exes were too good for me, but I never let them know that. Chances are she just wants you to move on (thus why she's giving you the fake confidence boost of "you're too good for me" - so you'll believe that and go find someone else and stop bugging her) I've done this all before.