+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you know if she has moved on?

How do you know if she has moved on?

Hey guys,

Need some advice on my situation:
    Me (28yo) and my girlfriend (29yo) have been together for almost over a year now (met her april 2010 but became relationship around July). We took our time at first getting to know each other, becoming really good friends and all. We also discussed about how she is 1 year older than me. I told her that age is just a number and she realized that it was true as well. So then fast forwarding all that we eventually became GF and BF and we were so happy together and always do things together. We both confess that we both really love each other and plans of marriage was about to be materialized around mid 2012. We both are respectful and traditional people so meeting the parents before proposing was a big deal for both of us. I was also working really hard to achieve and meet our plans such as providing a house/career etc etc.

Not until two sundays ago 07/08, she had a huge disagreement with me and she basically listed all the bad things that i'm doing things wrong such as i'm not putting enough effort on the relationship, I'm not caring enough, we both have different views, slightly different culture,we're not compatible and QUOTE, she said that " I think you are not the right one for me" All of this happened in just one night where all her emotions just bursted out! She cried as well. But i acknowledged that it was my fault and i havent been putting enough effort since i was too focus on my career and saving up for that house for us to move in. i basically have forgetten about the relationship and took her for granted.

So moving on, about 4 days after we broke up on that heated arguement, i bought her flowers and a card to say that i'm really sorry for what i've done and i want to change myself to become a better person.I;ve also told her that we need time for ourselves to cooldown and to just have a little bit of faith in me and these things takes time. Her response was still in fury and still not forgiving as she said that we should be friends and that i should learn from my mistakes so i could treat my next one better. She also eventually accepted my apology and she also accepted my gift (which surprised me)

Anyways long story short, i've probably talked to her twice for forgivness and a chance, and once to just talk normally because i'm really tired of all this and i just want to talk happy things with her now.She still keeps to her principle of becoming friends but i asked her "do you really mean that from your heart", she did not reply and could not reply. I text her once a day, saying how was your day and such (simple things) and not only on the second week of our breakup (weekends mainly) she replied to my text to see if i was ok and such and i should go out instead of staying home.

She has met my friends (girls) which they know my girlfriend and when they talk, it seems that she is a bit confused and she too need that timeout. what's weird is that why does she say different things to me and much more worse?

She has not de friended me on facebook but has changed her status to "single". She also has not deleted the pictures of us together nor my text + phone number. My question is now, if she really hated me for not putting enough care into this relationship, why didn't she defriend me off facebook and delete my number/pics together? And how do you know when they have moved on? Will they delete the pics and my number? and not ever reply to my sms text/ phone call? Or will she tell me that directly?

Everyday when i wake up, i hear her name whispering to my ears and everywhere i go, it reminds the good times we had. She really is the one for me but obviously i have shown to her that i'm not the one for her. It's coming to our 3rd week of our breakup and i really hope that we could just understand each other and accept our good and bad qualities. All i'm doing right now is to hope and wait for her to give me that chance because it's really up to her now, all i can do is to show that i still care for her each day in a subtle way. Should i cling to this small chance of hope? because for me to move on completely is to really delete her off my system, but i can't because of these mixed emotions from both of us.

To say "you are not the right one for me" is a pretty strong statement. I get the impression that she wants it to work with you but that deep down she's not happy and she suspects she's never going to be.

Please don't take what I'm saying as being the way it is, because I'm just one guy here, but I would tell her you love her and then just leave her alone. If she comes back to you then that's going to be great. If she doesn't then its maybe best that you find out now than in a few years time. I know this experience must really suck for you and I hope it works and you both find happiness.