+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dont know if he likes me or even if I like him?... Confused!

I dont know if he likes me or even if I like him?... Confused!

Before I start I'll just give you some brief info about me.

I'm 18, turning 19 in two months.

I've never had a boyfriend.

I've never been serious with a guy.

I had, had only one kiss with one guy which was over two years ago.

I'm a virgin.

I don't rave or go clubbing.

I'm not a drinker/smoker.

So a few weeks ago I met this guy, he's 20, he's definitely more on the 'bad boy' side.

I've met up with him a few times and recently he kissed me, he's very straight forward and full on with what he does and says.

He's told me he's liked me quite a few times, the last time we were together was three days ago (Tuesday) and we couldn't keep our lips off of each other.

In the two hours that we were together, we were kissing a countless amount of times and its not like he's trying anything cause he keeps his hands to himself.

At the same time, he likes to take control and I've never had that feeling before. When were kissing he grabs me, holds me tight or takes hold of my face or the back of my neck as we kiss.

In a weird sort of way, I like that. I like a guy when he's in control and its sort of a turn on.

But I think I do like him but obviously still need to get to know him even better but I'm trying to figure out why the bad boy thing attracts me.

I mean, he smokes, parties, etc, and I can't figure out whether I truly like him or if I'm just attracted to the mystery and excitement.

Since Tuesday, when I last saw him, he's been sort of distant. Not very distant cause we still talk and stuff, but slightly distant... I dunno whether it's just him as a person or whatever but I'm mega confused!

What do you guys think?

Did he gave you a hint about having sex with you?Since he is a 'bad guy',maybe he wants the things to happen faster and he's starting to think that he's waisting his time with you,when he can get laid with another girs etc.Since you have all of the 'qualities' you mentioned my advice to you is to talk to him about his intentions and to find out if the sex thing is in the bottom of his behavior.Five or six years ago I used to be with a virgin girl at about your age and sometimes I used to feel a certain amount of anger and dissatisfaction,coming from the fact that she wouldn't allow me to have sex with her!I knew that the way I felt is not right and I continued to go out with her even I acted foolishly sometimes,just to show her I don't like this...Anyway you have to do what you think is right,and remember that you owe him nothing!Thanks!

Let's just assume you are attracted to the mystery, excitement, or the new feeling of him being assertive. Having butterflies in your stomach does not mean you two have to get married. Sometimes it's just gas. lol.

You might like men to be dominant, which is not the same as abusing you. You need a man you can trust to be assertive, without abusing you. Being a dominant man in the bedroom has nothing to do with abuse or belittling people. It's similar to a type of role-playing. It is simply the man taking charge in the romance department. This is all fine, as long as you recognize what is going on.

I hope I can explain what this means to you so you don't get trapped in an ugly, abusive relationship. Some men think being dominant means their woman likes to be abused. They are not the same concepts. My gf likes me to be dominant in the bedroom, but it is done in a context of a close, loving relationship with boundaries and respect. And we both have fun with it.
    Last edited by bulrush; 29-08-11 at 10:42 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)