+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would a guy really wait for a girl until she's ready to have sex?

would a guy really wait for a girl until she's ready to have sex?

So I made out with a guy couple times and during the last 2 hang outs he wanted to have sex with me, but I wasn't ready yet and rejected him. he apologizes and said that he will try to control himself. So we stopped making out and I thought he seemed upset when he kept asking me what's wrong and I didn't say a word and so he gave me space, but he continues to reassure you and apologize. He didn't mean to get so carried away but sometimes he can't control his hormones. he asked me what's wrong and i said i'm scared because this is my first time. He said he be gentle and he said it just to have fun, but after we talked a bit more, he said that he understands that it's scary for a girl.

After that we continued to cuddle and I was suppose to go home, but he wouldn't let me leave yet. He continues to make faces
    and we cuddled some more. he tried to take his pants off again and I hit him because we're not doing that at the moment and he put it back inside and he said there, i put it back inside. But he was still smiling at me and I smiled back at him. I ended up giving him a massage since I know he his job makes him pretty tired. he asked if i was mad at him and i said yes with a smile...

Before he said that we could go watch movie, eat dinner, and go shopping. He asked me if he wanted him to take me out to dinner and said it would sound datish... Now that I brought up dinner, he said he's broke. but he went to eat dinner with this girl but maybe they paid for their own share iono. Anyways he said he will get his paycheck in 2 weeks and he will take me somewhere nice to eat dinner.

My friend thinks that he may just be using me to get sex... and buy me things.. and stuff like that...

But would a guy really wait for a girl until she's ready? I know some guys ignores the girl but this guy isn't ignoring me after i said no couple times... and still continues to cuddle with me and joke around with me..

He seems to be pushing the issue very hard (pun intended)

If he is pushing the sex issue every time you guys have alone time together, I would be very, very skeptical... A good guy will wait and respect you until you are ready, imo

Guys are full of hormones and want to have sex. You obviously don't. Chances are he'll get bored. 'A good guy will wait and respect you' - what a load of absolute bullshit. He'll get bored and move on.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    If he is pushing that hard chances are he isn't willing to wait. And he certainly doesn't seem to respect you.

Is this the same guy that told you "lets just be friends?" Girl this guy will wait for you for when you're ready (for penetration) because you blow him while he waits and you do it without being his girlfriend.

It still doesn't mean he'll be your boyfriend though. He's already told you "lets just be friends" and he told you that AFTER you blew him. Why don't you find someone who cares about you to blow, one who wants to be your boyfriend and doesn't have three or four other girls he's seeing?

How old are you? (said without malice)
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    'A good guy will wait and respect you' - what a load of absolute bullshit. He'll get bored and move on.
    Mmm, waiting and respecting a girl are on my list of good things to do. If a guy leaves because he doesn't get his sex-on immediately, yea he's dick. Also trying to bring up sex every time is wayy too pushy.

BUT, waiting too long will get any guy to lose interest, I agree.

@theTooya: yea i agree with you, if he leaves then he's an a$$hole, n bringing it up is too pushy... I;m guessing that guys have different hormones, some have really strong hormones that they can't control and some have weaker hormones.. but if they have really strong hormones, woukld it be possible for them to control it?

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake View Post
    @theTooya: yea i agree with you, if he leaves then he's an a$$hole, n bringing it up is too pushy... I;m guessing that guys have different hormones, some have really strong hormones that they can't control and some have weaker hormones.. but if they have really strong hormones, woukld it be possible for them to control it?
    What about your hormones, milkshake? Can you resist from blowing a guy that doesn't care about you?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Depends on the guy. My boyfriend has been waiting a year now and will continue to wait for another at least, because I am underage and he is not (I'm 17). He has absolutely no problem with it and has not complained once. He never tries to be pushy, he always ask before he does something, even holding my hand! I have asked him if he gets bored and why he waits for me, and he just smiled and told me that he would never get bored of me and would wait forever for me.

But guy's like my boyfriend are very rare, and most probably won't wait (I'm so lucky, hehe <3)

But not only is the guy you are with not willing to wait, he is pushing himself on you even though you clearly said no. Leave him, he clearly is only interested in sex.
    Let my kiss steal the breath from your lips...<3

my first time was after him waiting 6 months and I was the one in the end that pushed for it, if he cared enough your boyfriend would too..

A guy who truly cares about you and is in love would be willing to wait until you felt comfortable/ ready to take things further. He seems to really be putting lots of pressure on you when you clearly don't feel ready to have sex. Your body belongs to you and you are the only one who can make the decision when to have sex with someone, not the other way around.

A guy who cares for you would also not be going out with other girls! He does not seem to have much respect for you.

Also, if what WakeUp mentioned is indeed the case (he's told you 'let's just be friends') then I really don't understand why you are even wasting your time with him. He obviously is interested in getting in your pants and trust me, he has no intention of getting into a relationship with you after that! Why would you be willing to get physical with a guy you are not in a relatonship with?

You sound very young and inexperienced and I would imagine the best thing for you right now would be to find a boy who is in love with you and wants you to be his girlfriend and is willing to respect you enough to wait until you feel ready to have sex with him.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    people usually take the path of least resistance.
    Fixed that, there is no point trying to objectify one sex here, the tables could easily be turned around here :p

Not sure the age of some of the posters here but, A grown women who is somewhat sexually mature and secure with herself would never wait months and months to sleep with a guy. Sorry, that's a hug red flag and a deal breaker to me and most men who are equally secure with themselves.

I understand holding off still you're ready and to see if the guy is legit but if a man is still calling and dating you for 2 months without sex.....news flash ladies! He's in it for the long haul.

As for the pushiness .... That's either inexperinece or the guys an insecure prick.
    Last edited by surfhb; 07-09-11 at 12:21 AM.

She is no where near sexually mature. If you've read any of her other threads about this guy who isn't even seeing her regularily you'd understand. This guy will wiat for as long as it takes because she (along with a couple of other girls) blows this guy without committment. Why would he leave that when he's a player who likes variety?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    She is no where near sexually mature. If you've read any of her other threads about this guy who isn't even seeing her regularily you'd understand. This guy will wiat for as long as it takes because she (along with a couple of other girls) blows this guy without committment. Why would he leave that when he's a player who likes variety?
    Yep. To the OP: Take it from a guy.... This kid is a joker. Wait and find a more mature guy

My statement above was just general

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast