+ Follow This Topic

Thread: There's this girl that i've met.. and i have to wait.

There's this girl that i've met.. and i have to wait.

Before we start this, I'd just like to tell everyone that I'm only fifteen years old. I love this girl a lot, that it kills me every night when I think of her, and I feel like doing the most cynical of things, like stabbing myself to ease the pain away. Of course, I don't go to those extremes, but it's a nightmare before I get to sleep soundly.

I talk to this girl everyday on MSN, and try to stay as close as we can, till the day she can move here, so we can finally be together.
    The next time I see her is in a year and a half. I don't know what to do to make the waiting easier, everyday feels like it's forever. What should I do? I want to simulate a real life relationship as best as I can, without seeing her in real life.

Thanks alot~
    //qwahchees.

At 15 you have no idea what love is.

INB4 angsty ragepost.

How can anyone say something without sounding *mean?*

What experience do you have to know what love is?
    Do you know her? How? How does she know you? How did you meet? (Meeting online isn't called meeting in reality)
    Do you think you are going to be the same in a year and a half, and she will too?

What should you do?
    Grow up dude, seriously.
    She isn't Lafonda to your Kip...she's not your soul mate...
    Stop wanting to "simulate" a real life relationship and start one right now -with people who aren't voices (and meaningless words) -devoid of all senses.

I don't understand what is wrong with this way of thinking.
    If you want something: go and get it. You can't have her: then don't sit there and wait until Jesus comes back!
    Stop using the internet to "pretend" you have something real when you don't. If you can't sleep then you've got serious issues
    that need to be addressed and resolved.

It's stressful. I don't understand myself right now. But i'm going to tell you this, I'm a serious person. I don't flirt, with random girls for "joy".

Concentrate on your studies, and have fun being young. You'll never be so care-free again once you become an adult.
    As for this love feeling, we all have experienced it. It's hard sometimes, but you have a lot of good stuff to look forward to.
    Keep your options open. Go out there and experience life. Don't get stuck on a thought that gets you nowhere.

In 6 months you won't even remember she exists.

Kauis probably gave the most constructive tip. I'll take that to consideration, she told me she could just be friends with me. But I don't wanna give up, I wanna see if I can committ, cause when I get married, I swear on my life I won't cheat, flirt, not even look at another woman the same way I'll ever look at my wife. I don't ever wanna have another breakup.

You're 15. Grow up.

Love is love at any age. You might not have the life experiences of older people, but you still have the capacity to love. Have you two talked on the phone? When you talk on MSN, do you do video calls? A lot can change when you incorporate a person's voice into the routine.

I call her, I talk to her while watching a movie at the same time, I skype with her, I try to make it work.
    Even when she has trust issues with me, say going to a party and drinking. I don't go at all. I feel so attached to her. and it hurts me to know I have to wait so long.

Waiting is the best part, man. The longer you wait, the better it will be when you two finally meet. Anticipation does a lot of good things for a relationship. Don't let the other lead you astray. Love is worth a shot, no matter your age. Keep doing what you're doing. You're going about things in the right way.

Love is not love at any age. At 15 years old the kid doesn't even KNOW what love is. All he knows is what he's seen on Twilight and whatever garbage programming kids are watching these days. He has zero real life experience. For instance, she has trust issues and won't let him go to parties? Dude red alert, you're letting some chick you met online CONTROL YOU. Good luck.

It's called being a better person emerald. Do you know what happens in these parties? Underage drinking, smoking? Sex? Everywhere, people are just crazy. I go cause people really want me to come, she's taught me the bright side of life. I don't need to go to these crazy parties to be happy, and she taught me to stop swearing. And how bad it is, and un-attractive. You don't know my life experiences, stop flaming cause i'm fifteen.

@ AlienGlines post, thanks for that. Really supported me, i feel alot more confident, and that I can really do this. I can't wait [:

I knew everything when I was 15 too.