+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex breaks NC after 15 weeks! Help

Ex breaks NC after 15 weeks! Help

Hi there,

After 15 weeks of no contact my ex (who was the dumper) text me this…..

'I know you probably thinking 'why is she texting me again' but just had a really nice dream about us and it made me feel like i need to speak to you. I miss you! So if you feel the same or not please just acknowledge this text'

Thoughts please

Well, I guess it is up to you. Do you want to talk to her? Or have you taken good steps towards getting over everything? If you are in a good place and think talking to her will set you back, then don't do it.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Don't offer her any of your feelings if you call her. Just be neutral until you know what her deal REALLY is. If the relationship was always volitile then don't even bother calling her at all because after only 15 weeks, I doubt much has changed in the way the two of you got along.

P.S. If you DO contact her, don't do it via text. Actually call her so you can gauge her voice reflections, hesitations, bullshit.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Dude, I remember your story. She broke up with you via text. Ignore this. She's looking for a stroke. Any feelings that were sparked by a dream, is will be just as fleeting as the dream itself. She even said, she just wants a response. Don't respond, you will be sorry.

She didn't call you to say 'I made a mistake, I miss you so much, I am sorry for hurting you, would you consider giving me a second chance'. Essentially say anything that would show you that she is sorry about the break up and wants you back. She sent you a mere text saying she had a dream and thought of you and missed you (missed you as what though?As a friend, a bf, a mere male presence in her life who she can use whenever she needs a little confidence boost?).

If she was serious about this she would have called you and said all those things. Her weak attempt at contacting you is not worthy of a response in my book.

If I were you I wouldn't bother responding.

Decided against texting her back.

What are the chances that she'll be in touch again?

I've also read that girls hate being ignored and that it makes them want the person more! is this true? female opinions welcome

Run.

Seriously, don't trust someone who is influenced by their dreams. Dreams are just your brain throwing up at the end of the day. Do you want a relationship that is based on this vomit? Or is there more to the story...?

she obviously text me for a reason! my ex was a very stubborn person so........

Her stubbornness has nothing to with this. As a matter of fact, nothing about her personality has anything to do with this.

It was easy for her to dump you over text.... she thinks it's as easy for her to pick you right back up where she left you.

I just dislike how technology has made it convenient to not be a human being sometimes....... From a female point of view, if a girl breaks your heart over text, she is not worth your time.

As an aside, her assumption that texting you again after what she had done to you would be ok shows me that she has no regrets about what happened......or how she behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by numero_uno View Post
    she obviously text me for a reason! my ex was a very stubborn person so........
    She contacted you a week ago now. Surely you're not still asking strangers on the internet who don't even know her or her motives/manipulation in general, why she contacted you? Just call her or forget her one or the other. You've got lots of reasons why you shouldn't reply, even advice how to handle it if you do. Make a decision already!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion