+ Follow This Topic

Thread: infection??

infection??

Okay so I was with a guy 3 years ago now, each time we had sex I would get this horrible burning feeling when I urinated and the pain would just carry on for hours and days after. I got tested for any possible STD's but I was clear. I then went to my GP to find out what the problem was and according to them I had an infection so I drank cranberry juice and took antibiotics and it was cleared up. Yet it came back each time.

I have been with another guy now for 2 years. Bearing in mind he hasn't slept with anyone before me, I haven't experienced this up until a few weeks ago but yet the pain had gone within a couple of days without the need for antibiotics.

Oh also, this may sound gross but I also bleed a tiny bit during sex

I would like to know has anyone else experienced this? Am i just prone to infection?
    Last edited by sammi_xxx; 07-09-11 at 07:49 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haven't you posted about this before?

You are getting urinary tract infections (UTIs). In the vast majority of cases, they are caused by fecal bacteria traveling up the urethra. (I believe this to be the case for you since you were so easily treated.)

UTIs are more prevalent in girls who are short (less distance between the anus and the urethra), and girls who allow their partners to travel randomly between their anus and their vagina (or to be more specific, the urethra) during sexual activity, girls who don't wipe from front to back, and according to some doctors, girls who wear thongs and G-strings.

I suggest you shower before sex, and don't allow your partner to get near your booty. Urinate immediately after sex to flush any wayward bacteria from your urinary tract. Be careful about always wiping from front to back. If these tips don't help, think about changing your underwear.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

MY ex got this alot, same thing ur saying. take cranberry pills, over the counter.

Ahhhh thankyou guys. and vashti I havn't posted this before

I agree with Vashti. Sounds like some ignorance of hygiene issues.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Cystitis - it's normal! Lots of water, cranberry tablets and if you're in the UK - go to boots - by cystitis relief sachets and drink with a half a litre of water - it neutralises the urine so that it doesn't burn and a full course of that clears it up. If you're getting it very often - a course of antibiotics from your doctor prevents further flare ups so I would consider going there next time! Hope that helps!