+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to say to a girl after a first date?

What to say to a girl after a first date?

Looking at this: [url]http://www.doubleyourdating.com/dati...ngle-guys.html[/url] it says DON'T do this: "If a guy is on the phone with a girl he just met, and she says 'Hey, I have to go', he might say 'Aw, well… um …OK. Um, will you call me when you get home?'”

Say you have a first date with a girl. When it is over, what are some good general guidelines to follow?

I'm just going to throw out a bunch of possible things a guy may think about doing.

1) Is saying "let me know when you're home so I know you got back safely" or is that something you only say to a girlfriend or a girl that is going on flight or a long trip? It seems like this is wuss-like behavior, even though you may be genuinely concerned about her safety.

2) Should you say nothing but "well, I'll see you later"with the intention of calling a couple days later to set up another date?

3) Should you say "well, that was fun. Let's do it again sometime" with the intention of calling in a couple days?

4) Should you say "well, that was fun, let's do something again next weekend. I'll call you."

5) Should you say "well, that was fun. Let's do it again sometime, I'll call you and let you know" with the intention of calling in a couple days?

1) Seems like something you'd only say to a girlfriend and/or a girl that was going on a flight or long trip or something.
    2) This would be acting like it was no big deal and making her wonder whether or not you enjoyed yourself, perhaps making her anticipate a call. Seems like it may be a good idea, but not sure if being completely silent about whether you had a good time or not is a good idea.
    3) Seems like the "safest" and best way in my opinion.
    4) Good to let her know it was fun, but immediately suggesting something AND telling her you will call her may signal "oh my god I want to be with you again, I'm obsessed"
    5) Seems like it may be a good idea to say you had a good time (instead of saying this by freaking out and saying "I love you! Will you go out with me again?!") and mentioning doing something again some time, but I'm not sure if telling her you will "call and let her know" sends too much of a signal.

Obviously if a girl likes you she is going to want you to contact her. If you wait a week or two to contact her though she is going to forget about you or be mad at you I'm guessing (feel like she was blown off). However, if you're jumping the gun and saying "let's go do something next Saturday at 4!" or calling later that day (or the next day) after a date it seems like you're going to come off as the guy who is obsessed and will turn her off.

Thoughts?

First of all, what's so wussy about making sure your lady got home safe?

You're way overthinking this. Just ask her if you can see her again.