+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i man up and put it all on the line?

should i man up and put it all on the line?

Hello ladies I would like your point of view please

I have known this woman since I was 13. She was my high school crush and she means the world to me. And she also is my best friend, literally. Toward the end of high school we grew so close that we would hold hands, call eachother babe, and talked about how if we were single when we were old we would get married. Everyone said we made the perfect couple, but it never happened. As we grew all playfulness stopped because we started the double dates with her bf's and my gf's. As we grew, we did the old gang get togethers with her husband and my wife. And as we grew, we grew apart.

Then I ran into her after not hearing from her for a few yrs and we arranged a dinner date. We talked about her divorce and her problems. About my wife leaving me. And after hours of us being around and talking the playfulness returned after all these years. Holding hands, the "I love you babe", and her saying I'm her future husband, etc. And when the night ended, that was all I could think about.

Now, Im not some kid who will get all sad over rejection. Did it, lived it with previous female friends and we stayed friends after the awkward rejection. Moved on and found love else where. I'm not scared to confront her about my feelings. But I do feel that all the years we have together will effect this because we have separate lives. Should I make a move after all these yrs? What would be her reaction to me saying let's just go all the way? I called her the other day(I had an off topic question) but she didn't answer, is this a sign? or should I call it quits, keep her as a true friend and find love and keep this as a lesson?

Don't get all gush on her, just tell her that you would like to date her. Or you can start asking her out and talk about being excusive as time goes on. Coming out and telling her you have been in love with her for all these years can be a little too much to take all at once....it might overwhelm her and scare her off. Just ease into it, date, lean in for a kiss and take it from there.