• Direct

2 66.67%
  • Indirect

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my approach correct?

Is my approach correct?

I am very honest and direct with everyone in my life. Every day I am dying, every day I am growing old, I am not promised tomorrow and the future is a glimpse of my 'hope and dreams' as nothing in life is certain.

Now with this being my mindset when I meet a guy and there's some chemistry between us I let my feelings be known, later on down the line that is, could be a few weeks or a month. I tell them directly and let them know that I am looking for a serious relationship with the plan of starting a family in the future. I make it very clear that NSA is not something I am interested in.

I don't want to wait months down the line and try the indirect approach, 'be casual and then become a casualty' when I finally find out that we both have completely different intentions for each other.

The main problem with this is that men tend to run away. For example, just recently I met an old flame from school we had never been sexual with each other before and at least 14 years had passed. He took me out for a drink and expressed that his feelings towards me had not changed over the years. I took this information home and thought seriously about it. I knew what I was looking for so I told him that I am only looking for a serious relationship with hope of starting a family in the future. He backed right off, although prior to all this he was saying to me that he would like a child at some point in his life. And then a situation happened with someone else.

Am I being too full on? I mean I don't want to wait months down the line and waste my time and energy. I just want to lay my intentions right out on the table. The thing is I am not despite I just have a clear vision of what I want.

Any comments would really be appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by PureEbony; 21-09-11 at 12:08 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Men don't tend to run away, the men YOU search out run away. Its something about a type you're seeking.

Be yourself and use the direct approach - many men (myself included) don't want to deal with the indirect crap.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Thanks Curby

A very direct approach would be likely to scare me, if I had just met you. I understand your view, but I prefer to learn about a person in a calm way, before thinking about a serious relationship, and if you speak very quickly about purposes related to marriage and children, I think it would scare me.