+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lots of doubts, please help me out : (

Lots of doubts, please help me out : (

hey, I'm having serious doubts about whether im doing the right things by staying with my girlfriend or leaving her. heres the situation;

We have been together for almost 2 years now, mostly quite happy. For the past 9 months or so though i have begun to have doubts about my love for her. first it started of quite innocently, just an occasional doubt, but now i have them every day, and i feel really bad because of them. I know that i still love her, but i doubt if the love that i feel for her is the right love or the wrong love. I dont really feel fysically attracted to her anymore, and i dont really get as happy about seeing her as i used to. When i think about being without her, it doesnt seem all to bad, but when i think about breaking up i feel really bad. Im not sure whether its because of the fact that i dont want to break up with her, or that im just afraid to do so. She really loves me very much and keeps on saying it every time (sometimes so many times i go crazy). When we talk about it she starts crying and tells me she will never find someone like me again, never will be so happy again. This makes me really sad and thus i usually end up loving her a little more again after the talk. But then a few days later is starts again. We have also talked a lot about our "future together", and she is really looking forward to it very much and stuff.. This also makes me more afraid to break up with her, for i will then shatter all her dreams.
    Lately there has been a girl at school who i am sort of attracted to. There have been more like this over the past 9 months but none as much as this one. Sometimes im really just staring at her in class. When i think about me and her going on a first date or whatever, i get a little feeling of butterflies in my stomach.
    I always thought, well its normal to be a little attracted to other girls when you are in a relationship. Though now i find it worrying. In a way, i dont want to break up with my girlfriend cause our personalities really fit together, though hers sometiems more extravagant than mine (which can be annoying). But on the other hand, i almost feel like im just dragging her along and she deserves better than this doubtful love she gets from me.
    When im with her i feel quite happy, the feelings of doubt get stronger when im not with her...

I can think of a happier future when we are living together, but im not sure if im just lying to myself about that. Personality wise, she is really great. Looks, quite alright. i dont know if im still supposed to find her really attractive or not. cause when i see her walking down the hall i dont have that feeling of butterflies anymore, not for quite a long time. Im happy when im with her, but im not sure if its the happy like... just being with a good friend, or someone that you really love.

I really dont know what to do, so please help me out here..
    Any advice is welcome ofcourse.. thanks in advance

You're falling out of love with your girlfriend. You're just pretending you aren't and giving yourself excuses to stay with her. You don't want to be with her anymore. You have to leave her. It's not good to continue to be in a relationship like your own simply because you don't want to hurt her feelings.

Been there, done that! It's normal to have those kinds of doubts when you are falling out of love, but you are not sure if you should break-up or if it's a normal development of things in every relationship. It is difficult to admit that to yourself because you'd be judging yourself if you hurt her...but it's not good staying with her out of guilt..she deserves better. Think of it as helping her find the real happiness she deserves with someone else. Set her free...