+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to talk to girl at gym?

How to talk to girl at gym?

Hey all!

I'm wondering if someone could give me advice on this situation:

I'm a regular at a local gym, and am attracted to one of the staff attendants. I'm pretty sure she recognizes me by now since I am a regular (she scans me in each time), and is always very friendly. However, I'm wondering what is the best way to start a conversation to get to know her more? Seems like a no-brainer set-up since I see her almost everyday, but I'm not sure how, and don't seem confident enough to start a conversation?

Advice is appreciated!

Start by talking about how much you can bench press. (JUST KIDDING!)

An obvious topic of conversation would be the gym or working out.

How about this for an opener?: "I've been coming here for so long, and you are always so friendly, but I feel bad we've never got to talk". Then go about it as you are talking to any other girl! How is your day going?...What's your name? (if you don't know it)...Where are you from? Blah blah blah.

If the conversation goes alright, then ask her for her number.

Your in luck fella. Most men that go to the gym are usually gay, so you have little competition. (assuming youre not a bender also).
    Talking directly to this broad could end in disaster for you so heres what you do.
    Carry on with the usual hellos and goodbyes but dont show any other interest in her. These sort of birds dont want to be chased. every loser goes after this type . you need to be subtle.
    Find out who her best friend is, woo her , pump her, then ditch her. Make sure you treat her really badly so she complains to her friend(your target).
    At first this bird will think youre a twat, but this is good.

Step 2
    Find the skinniest , gayest looking person in the gym, grab him by the throat and ask him in an angry voice" are you looking at me funny". the wee guy will shit himself . make sure this bird sees it all. Shell think youre fckn wacko, but soon shell start to wonder if she can tame you.
    Step 3 pump her.
    hope this helps

Talk about something very simple (like the weather) and smile don't linger.... Keep smiling each time you see her. Watch what she does with her eyes. Does she light up when she sees you or just scans you in like everyone else? If she lights up just build on the connection by saying something funny (if you can)... but be quick about it and never linger. Have fun! What a great inspiration to get yourself to the gym! If she doesn't seam to respond by lighting up... and sorta mirroring your attention... then start scoping for other ladies! You sure wouldn't want to make going to the gym awkward for yourself... and she will remember you more fondly. This situation sounds fun but really challenging. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by Highline; 21-09-11 at 11:43 AM.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself to try and impress her by saying something incredible. Keep it simple. If you a regular and your face is familiar to her, why not start by just saying hi, how are you in passing? Build it up from there, day by day, ask her about her day. Be confident in yourself, say what you have to say and then carry on with your workout. Don't linger so she feels obligated to talk to you. In time, she will come to trust and be more open to talking to you.

Just talk to her like any other human being.....don't out too much pressure on yourself....

1st you can smile and say hi, how are you...those simple 4 words can get your very far. talk about anything after that