+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some advice on how to talk to this girl and get to know her

I need some advice on how to talk to this girl and get to know her

So I am trying to talk to this girl in my philosophy class. I got to talk to her last semester when she came down to the library where I work at. So now we are in the same philosophy class this semester, I occasionly have the chance to talk to her when I walk by her in the hall way or when I am in the class, everytime I talk to her I would ask something like "How was your day? How did you do on the test? How are you doing?"She seens to be a pretty quite girl, at least from what I see. It is a big class room and I sit pretty far from her since all the seats close to her are already taken. The opprotunties to talk to her are pretty rare since I only see her on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I have the class and I know she heads right to her other class right after the philosophy class. I am trying to get to know her but I don't want to go up to her and be like "I like you, do you want to be my date?" that would totally freak her out and I would never have a chance with her. I don't know much about her except that she is sophmore and her name. I also know her email being that she's in my class. I am thinking about writing an email since that is the only way I know of to communicate with her since I only see her during my class. If you guys have any advice, please let me know. This means alot to me. If this helps little facts on me and her, I am Asian and she is white, I work out and stuff. Thanks everyone!!!

Considering your situation, I would try and make a move quick. The semester can end and you might have a hard time encountering her again. Try and sit next to her in class. Make a comment about something that will get her to laugh. Does she know your name? If not, introduce yourself and that you see her around before. Do this a few times so she is comfortable being around you and you two establish a sorta friends vibe. At this point, she might figure you probably likes her since you will try and sit close to her every time. That's ok if she knows because your goal is to date her. So if she likes you, she'll welcome you sitting by her. If she does not, she'll probably try and avoid you. At least you can figure out what's on her mind by her actions. If she is receptive of your advances, then it's a good sign. Once you feel you two are quite friendly with each other, you need to ask her if she wants to get coffee, movie or dinner. Sometimes it pays to be brave. Rejections are normal so don't take it personal when things don't pan out the way you want. Good luck.

i think if u can get the attraction from the girl is the best way but too aggressive and maybe too much outstanding, so i think you can try another way like talk to her about the homework or projects whatever just between the schoolworks. its better that if u pretend that u didnt know her email , and u can use that way to talk to her for the homeworks and get her email face-to-face..isnt it ???
    Dont make it too fast and showing that you are really like her , that could definitely freak her out after u showing too much expression to her so u did good decision all u have to do is starting to be a good classmate relationship with her and then move on to friends ....so on good luck to u and cant wait to hear the good news from u
    hope these things can help u out ))))

I know it is tough to find a way to approach her, but you need to talk to her face-to-face. Emailing her first, while it might seem like a good idea, would only freak her out a little. Try waiting for her outside of class, when she exits, say hi and start walking her direction. Just let her know that you think she is cool and would like to get to know her a little better. Let her know you have to run, but ask for her number or email or something. Be confident, and trust yourself. If she withdraws from you, or refuses to give you her info, you have your answer. If she does, then there is your invitation.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!