+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't Want to break her heart but want to split up

Don't Want to break her heart but want to split up

Me and my girlfreind have been going out for over a year now and have one more year left of school before university. Its been a really great relationship and she is a lovely, sweet and genuinely wonderful girl who deserves someone amazing. Recently however as amazing as she is, ive been having doubts about our future together and thinking that its probably best to end the relationship. I really dont want to break her heart however as a week ago we came very close to breaking up and i couldnt bear to see her standing there with tears pouring down her face. Over the last year we've discussed a future after univeristy/college of marriage/kids etc and now i feel that i may have given her a false impression which is now going to make a break-up even harder as now she assumes she is in a stable long term relationship. Her sister was in a long term relatonship during high school and now engaged to the same guy which for me is a difficult act to follow. she is genuinely a lovely girl and so so beautiful and caring and kind and i love spending time with her but I just think its better to break up now than for us to try and fail in a long term relationship as I cannot trust myself around other women as im quite a flirty type of guy, espscially next year at uni, i have never cheated on her and i never will. I just need a way to gently let her down and say, we're too young for this, but at the same time i deeply love her and am so so scared of seeing her cry and breaking her heart and it would make me really jealous to see her with another guy, so i guess i still really love her but i just think that it would be best if we became close freinds.

please help me, this is tearing me apart

sorry for the long post!!!

fanny.
    If you dont want to see her crying, break up with her like a man.
    Text message, problem solved.

Don't carry her onto something that is gonna end anyway.....it's life buddy.....you have to choose between hurting her now...or hurting her even more later on....

Oh well that's the way the ball pounces. I always stress to people that talk of marriage and a future is just that....talk, and should never be taken as a promise because things do change. Breaking up is difficult thing to do but there is no point in being with someone you really don't want to spend the rest of your life with. You will be doing her a favor actually. It's only been just over a year and the honeymoon stage of your relationship has come to and end, which is quite normal for many people, so there hasn't been a huge amount of time invested. Best to buck it up and get it over with. Make sure you give her your best honest reason why this has to be done, so she can have proper closure and move on.
    Last edited by smackie9; 25-09-11 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mwahahaha View Post
    fanny.
    If you dont want to see her crying, break up with her like a man.
    Text message, problem solved.
    Oh that's a spinless loser way of doing things...bravo! lol