+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really Confused about what to do with this girl

Really Confused about what to do with this girl

Okay so i need some advice here. (Sorry for the lenght you can probably skim thru most of it
    I was a senior in high school and i met this sophmore in one of my classes. She always begged me to sit next to her and would talk to me nonstop even though her best friend was also in the class. She started facebook chatting me and then even somehow got my number and started texting me. Shed ask me for rides home from school all the time and was really flirty. Touch me, hit me, laugh at dumb jokes etc.

Then summer rolls around and we start hanging out although it was weird because whenever i asked her to hangout she would always have an excuse. Anyway, I start getting really into this girl and it felt to me like she was into me as well. She kind of hinted to one of my friends that she wanted to hook up with me. Then im at a social event with all the kids from my high school and my friends kind of jokingly hint that we should hook up. She says no were just friends and keeps talking to me about this guy she wants to see(who is her ex0. I was taken a back by this because it seemed so obvious to me and everyone else that she was in to me.

So then a few days later she asks me to hangout with her friends again and we finnally get some alone time and it felt like we were about to hook up but then her mom came to pick her up. The days go on and we continue talking and then i go on to vacation to Mexico and she texted me numerous times asking when i would be home again. We still talked all the time and whenever we hung out she would literally beg me not to leave and would grab me to try to keep me to stay.

Then our whole school goes to this concert and my friends see her trying to hook up with this guy but my friends tried to prevent it from hapening ( i didnt tell them to) She came up to me and said your friends just said you wanted to have sex with me? ew thats gross. So then she ends up hooking up with some other dude and i felt like shit but then i realized it would be stupid for us to start a relationship anyway cause im going off to college soon. Then were talking later on in the concert and out of nowhere she starts hooking up with me. When we stop she tells me not to tell anyone about it. I was kind of upset about this so i texted her about it. She said that the hookup didnt really mean anything and that she didnt want me to tell anyone because im friends with her ex and she didnt want him to find out. She apologized and i thought it was gonna get awkward between us but instead we started talking more than ever. She would always call me for rides after parties even though she could hve gotten a ride from someone else even easier. Whenever i dropped her off it would be at her friends house and she would beg me to stay or she would wanna stay in the car with me. She called me the nicest guy she knew and said i was like her best friend. i figured it had to be because i was goin to college soon and it didnt make sense to be anything more.

The week before i went to college she asked me to hangout everyday and it would usually just be us two. The day before i left she took my football sweatshirt and she said i wanna keep this as a memory of you and you better not forget me. I really had feelings for her at this point but it didn't really make sense to tell her at this point. So then im at college and she continues to call me, text me, and video chat me. she texts me while im drunk and i end up telling her how i feel ( i know bad thing to do over a text) she says thats sweet but youre drunk and probably dont mean it. I thought it would get weird between us after that but she called me the next day to talk and then we videochat the next day. so then i call her while im not drunk and she said she really just wants to be friends and we decide to not talk anymore so i can meet new girls. im a pretty emotional guy so i was pretty heartbroken.

My friend grabbed my phone while i was passed out drunk and started texting her but he told her it wasnt me. He asked her why she doesnt like me as more than a friend and she said i just dont and i like someone else anyway. she also went on to say that she never liked me as more than a friend which i find really hard to beleive. I woke up and saw this and was really drunk and i got mad at her and then i apologized and got like really emotional and it was pretty embarassing lol. We decided once again not to talk but the next week i realized how stupid it was that we werent because were such great friends. She said she was okay with that but things just havent been the same between us ever since. She never texts me or contacts me anymore and when i texted her she ignored it. Shes a really nice person and really liked me so it just doesnt make sense to me. When i get home for summer break i would like to give her another try but things are just weird between us right now so that might be hard to do. Ive never had a girl mean so much to me before so its really hard getting over her. Do you guys think shes worth it or should i just forget about her and move on? i know she may kind of seem like a slut or that she was just teasing me but i really felt like i was something special to her and we became really close. I just found it odd that she could wanna spend so much time with me if she just wanted to be friends.

I think the girl likes you to date, but maybe she thinks her friends, or parents, would disapprove of dating someone a bit older. Your post gives me the impression that she goes back and forth about liking you, so she tries to maintain this middle ground in the "friend zone", even though she would like to date you.

Bottom line: if she can't make up her mind, don't deal with it. Move on.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

thank you for the advice but i really just cant totally let go...like of course ill still look for other girls but she was really special to me and im almost certain theres something there. should i still talk to her or just give it a rest and try again in the future/

Start moving on and do not stay friends with her. Tell her to find you if she changes her mind about dating you, but other than that you want no further contact. Ignore her.