+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it too late? Have I done too much damage?

Is it too late? Have I done too much damage?

I've just got out of a 3 year relationship with my first proper girlfriend. We had frequently had problems due to our naivety and inexperience but loved each other deeply and spent every moment we could together. I definitely took the relationship for granted and the last couple of months weren't great between us.
    We broke up a month ago and I have spent a lot of that time texting her, calling her, trying to persuade her to come back. Exactly what I shouldn't have been doing! But I had never experienced this before and just reacted.
    She is now 'with' some guy she works with, he seems like a nice guy and she says she really likes him but that neither of them want a relationship. There are a number of reasons why I don't think it will last, but he also has the opportunity to be new and exciting.
    I now have enough balance and a clear enough head to resist contacting her and to take a more levelled approach to getting her back. She's told me she still loves me and that she misses me, but she also has this guy. Is it too late?
    I'm being much stronger, leaving her alone, not being the pathetic mess I was 4 weeks ago. But have I already driven her into his arms?

I kind of did the same,we been broke up a month now and i have asked once to give it another try,she said no,shes txt and rang alot too during this month but i replied,silly me,always told her i loved her etc,i think i pushed her too far back now so im starting to accept its over,and it hurts,all i can suggest is no contact,its all im doing now,helps to heal and u never know,she might start to miss u,i was with my ex for 2 years but chances are she wont miss me cos shes too busy partying,but thats life.

Before you start planning to have her back in your life, take a step back to when things started to fail in your relationship with her. Putting aside about how your feel now, think back to when you were getting bored and wanted out. What were the reasons you wanted out in the first place. You better think long and hard, so as to make sure you know what you want. It just might be an eyeopener and the way things are now are for the better.