+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I self centered or is he self centered?

Am I self centered or is he self centered?

My partner's company is celebrating five years of service. They need to submit a picture for the ritual slideshow. My partner chose a self-proclaimed glory photo. When my partner told me which photo was chosen, I said that it was a slutty choice. My partner said I was jealous and that I was self-centered. I always turn it around to be about me. In response I said that he was self-centered because he was the one putting up a half-naked photo of himself in front of his whole company to see. He said he would change the photo and refused a hug from me, told me I already got what I wanted and stopped talking to me. What happened?

You're both whiny little bitches. That's what happened.

Both self-centered too.

He wanted a reaction from you that he didn't get. Something like "ooo, baby, you look so darn hot in that picture. Take me now..." Instead, you tried to use logic with him. Most people, when they are not being logical and have logic applied to them, turn angry and aggressive. I think I saw a special on National Geographic about that.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Half naked photos for a work-related slideshow is in very poor taste. I think you were 100% correct.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You didn't tell him what he wanted to hear. Is that your job? No, maybe not. But he likely counts it as you being supportive. You need to apologize for the way you handled it, and he needs to apologize for throwing a fit after you to offense to him baring a little too much for his co-workers. You both have valid points, but you both also flew off the handle. Reel it in.
    A sniper is the worst romancer, they never make the first move.

Slutty choice? Sounds like an insult. How did it bother you and why didn't you tell him? He sounds like he got pissed because you put up a barrier to something he found acceptable, you threw a hissy fit, he caved into your demands, and he's now resentful. You guys talk about feelings much, or do you just keep pointing out things he's doing wrong?

A half-naked photo for a work slideshow? How in appropriate. That's my opinion. I don't even date people at my work.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Define half naked? What's the context of the slide show?