+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he just playing?

is he just playing?

I have an acquaintance and we are of the same school.his name is brian. One time he added me on facebook. Then he chatted me and we found out that we have a lot of things in common. since then our chat sessions happen often. there came a time that he and his girlfriend broke up. He needed a friend to talk to so he ask me out.

we are very comfortable with each other , though it's our first time to hang out. things seem very awkward when we found ourselves very close and yet both of us are not the kind of person who easily open up to anyone.

after that, our chat sessions continue and our conversation has go beyond. his words seems like he wanted to convey something and so do I to him.so funny because even though we've just know each other, we are so very close. however, we had misunderstanding when he I go out with another guy. this guy is just a friend of mine, yet brian thought that my treatment to all the guys are the same. so he started to keep distance from me.

I don't know why he reacted that way , though there's nothing official between us.days after that , i just found he and his gf are back again so I just started to move on. I admit that I'm affected somehow though.

but then after a week he called me. he then texted and chatted me as if he's trying to patch up things. I guess he realized that he had misjudged me, thus he need to fix everything to between us. then we had a conversation admitting that somehow we are attracted to each other.

my problem now is they are still together with his gf and yet he keep on reaching me doing the same thing as if he had no girlfriend. when he don't see me at school , he always leave a message asking me where I am. He even find ways so we can hang out together again.

I don't know what he is thinking, if he just want to play with my feelings knowing that i am attracted to him. or maybe there is really something. yet I guess he is really just playing considering that he and his gf are together for more than a year.

I don't know if I stated it clear yet I hope I could get ideas from you guys... Thanks

This guy might have broken up with his gf for a while, and that's when he started hanging out with you. Then he got back together with his gf. So, now maybe he just wants to be friends with you. So, if you want to know, ask him.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

He likes you and is with his GF......he is having an emotional affair with you, which a lot of people do when they are disatisfied with their relationship. Why is he back with her? He is still emotionally attached, likes the familliarity of their relationship and can't let go. Since you have developed feelings for him, and he pushed you away to be with her again, you are best to walk away from this to save yourself from more hurt and move on.

Thanks for the response. I just wonder why , he find ways to hang out with me... I really wanted to ask him what he wanted to convey yet I don't want to sound too assuming. Wouldn't he think that way if I am going to confront him?

I wanted to keep distance but he is the one who find ways so we can contact each other often.

Think about it....I'm pretty sure his GF doesn't know he is meeting up with you, so he is hiding it from her, which means he shouldn't be doing it. He is emotionally cheating on his GF, yes it is cheating. Confront him for what? What are you going to get out of it? Why are you hanging on, he chose to be with his GF....why let him keep you in his back pocket, so he can pull you out for his own enjoyment. You are being a fool, there is no point in dwelling over this situation. Just cut him off, tell him to leave you alone because you are not going to play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Think about it....I'm pretty sure his GF doesn't know he is meeting up with you, so he is hiding it from her, which means he shouldn't be doing it. He is emotionally cheating on his GF, yes it is cheating. Confront him for what? What are you going to get out of it? Why are you hanging on, he chose to be with his GF....why let him keep you in his back pocket, so he can pull you out for his own enjoyment. You are being a fool, there is no point in dwelling over this situation. Just cut him off, tell him to leave you alone because you are not going to play this game.
    I agree...to the point. RUN AWAY!!!

it's pretty clear now. I should keep my distance.He maybe just damn stupid for he is acting that way, and I should not hang on to that kind of guy. I haven't had a boyfriend since that is why everything is new to me.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your advices and it help me a lot.

Just remember that there are those around you that admire you that you don't know about, and they are hoping someday you will notice them : ) Maybe start taking a closer look.......

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Just remember that there are those around you that admire you that you don't know about, and they are hoping someday you will notice them : ) Maybe start taking a closer look.......
    there are.... yet I don't feel something for them. sigh... I hope it's easy to divert my feelings to others...