+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex gf problems...please help!

Ex gf problems...please help!

First of all, I just want to say i'm really sorry for making this long. I hope you can take the time to read this and offer your opinions/advice.

Me and my ex girlfriend were together for 3 yrs. I broke it off with her ( she texted me 1 minute later saying 'we're over') due to too many small arguments leading to big ones and we had multiple breakups before and got back together but obviously it didn't work. However, the most we went without contact was about 1 month max and we would get back together 90% of the time being me getting us back together regardless of who broke up with who.

We've been broken up for 6 months now (by far the longest time away from each other). About 3 weeks after we broke up she blocked me on fb. We're not friends on there and she could only see my basic profile picture and vice versa. About 3 months ago, I noticed she had unblocked me on fb and 2 days later blocked me again. I heard nothing until 2 months ago where she emailed me and I noticed she unblocked me on fb again. I was really surprised and it was more or less small talk, her asking how I'm doing, how I've been etc. We exchanged about 3-4 emails before I told her I had to go as I was heading out. It was nice, she seemed happy and friendly telling me she's been busy etc. Anyway, about 2 weeks later it was my b-day and I didn't receive any happy birthday message etc. 3 weeks later she decides to block me on fb again :S. I was quite upset by it so I emailed her asking why she did that as I thought everything was cool now. All she said was 'I don't know'. I asked her how she was feeling and she said 'hmm, I'm not too bad I suppose'. Quite a bit different to the first time she contacted me where she seemed upbeat and happy. At this point it was my religious celebration so early in the next morning she emailed me saying 'happy celebration' or something along those lines. Why did she ignore my b-day but send me a happy celebration email? I didn't hear a peep from her until only 6 days ago where she unblocked me on fb again and sent me an email saying 'hey why have you put (university name) on your fb, thought we both agreed not to'. When we were together we had family problems so we never put our uni's on fb incase of families finding out but I really don't see how that matters 6 months after breaking up. I ignored her email and 2 days later she poked me on fb. I ignored that too and a day later she messages me on fb saying the exact same thing as she did in her email. I ignored that also but what I did was put my settings to friends only so now she cant see the uni name, that was 2 days ago and I haven't heard anything from her.

I'm really confused here. Thanks in advance to any help and advice given. Sorry again if it was too long.

Ummmm... What was the question?? Can't understand?? What was so important about hiding your Uni name? Why dont your families know what Uni's your both at?? Confusing? Please explain the situation better? Did you both run away from home or something?

@scott green

Sorry if my situation has confused you.

About the university issue. Basically when we were together, we agreed not to put the university on facebook incase her siblings who also use facebook find out we went to the same uni and contact my parents. We did go through many issues with our families but wed got through it together. It's been 6 months since we broke up and only recently did I put the university back up on my fb. As soon as she unblocked me AGAIN she emailed me asking why did I add the uni to my fb when we had both agreed not to. I thought well why should it matter, we haven't been together for 6 months, so I guess my question regarding this was why did she have to email me about something that's irrelevant now? She had also poked me and messaged me on fb saying the same thing because I had ignored her email. Why the persistence? A few friends said it was just an excuse for her to contact me.

In general, I guess I just want to have an idea of what is going on. Is it games? Does she still have feelings for me but too stubborn or scared to be straight forward with me? I hope i've cleared it up a little. Thanks.

to cut the story short, she still has feelings for u... when she ignored u on ur bday it was way to retaliate and also see if u react back... she keeps blocking and unblocking u on fb just coz she wants ur reaction... basically she wants u to go talk to her,,and probably confess that u still have feelings fr her... in case u do then well go ahead... if not u better block her on fb or rather ignore her lightly

@ help_me

Thank you for your reply. I'm obviously still not over her completely although i'm definately getting there but tbh I still wouldn't mind getting back with her if only she was a little more straight forward with what she wanted. Its funny, what you have said in 2-3 lines is what a few of my close friends have said. How and why could an ex be confused like this half a year after breaking up and why do you think she wants me to spill out my feelings first?

The only reason why i'm not taking a further step here is because of my previous experience with her. The last time we broke up she called me after 1 month of nc asking about the 'uni' thing, I told her exactly how I was feeling, that I still loved her and wanted to make it work. She replied and said sorry it's too late, I love you but i'm not in love with you. I was fine with that but a little confused. Then about half an hour later she says she is in love with me and wants to make it work. I don't want to put myself through that pain again because it seems like it may go that way. I feel as though her behaviour and attitude hasn't changed. I can just sense it from the vibes of the emails she sent me.

What would you make of the recent contact from her regarding the uni name on my fb? Why the persistence? Would you say it was just an excuse for her to make contact? I hope I was clear about that part, if not please let me know and i'll try and explain it better lol.
    Last edited by Numbheart1; 18-10-11 at 02:24 PM.

i dont known. hix. smike.

I think she doing a good job getting your attention back...

Why is that lovehelper? I'm not responding to her email, poke and message so how can she be getting my attention back? All i'm doing is getting other people's opinion on her actions and why. Could you explain further please?

@dutng

I have no idea what you said, sorry.