+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trust issues

Trust issues

I'm currently in a relationship with a woman for 2 months now after being cheated on in a 2 and a half year long relationship with my ex. And im having difficulty trusting this new woman.. I love this girl and I do trust her, but I guess the problem I'm having is that im constantly questioning my worth. I've seen in first person, how someone can change on a dime. By no means do I miss my ex.. But I miss the trust I used to have with women.

I hate being the jelous type and hate being reminded on how cruel people can be. I feel as if sometimes i have to be a better person i was when i was with my ex to keep this woman. Is it too early to be in a committed relationship? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you!

It is highly likely that you did jump into another relationship too quickly.. you are definitely still scarred from being mistreated and lied to. Honestly, being cheated on is something that will take a long time for you to get over and it can leave you bruised and paranoid throughout your next relationship and possibly many others after that. You may also be suffering from some self esteem issues. I've had this problem too and I do have moments of mistrust but I still somehow manage to pull through it, through all the lying and destruction of my pride/self esteem.

From my experiences the advice I could probably give you is to try your best to forget and not take one persons actions and go on to assume that everyone else is bound to act the same way. Unless this new woman has given you a reason to mistrust her then I suggest you keep your faith in her or else you will hurt her and end up making assumptions/accusations that will offend her and you'll be making her feel guilty or bad for something that she didn't do. Even though you are in the mindset that this world is cruel just try your best to see the good because sometimes you can get so wrapped up IN this mindset that you begin to misinterpret/make assumptions and become so blind to the GOOD that she does do for you. You will pick apart every little thing that may worry you and make it into a big deal. Trust me, I know, I have done it.

You have just gotta work through it, and sometimes it will make you a walking statistic (as in "oh she is a sweet person and she can really be trusted" and then the next minute you're thinking: "wait a minute she is doing something that maybe I should be suspicious of"). You gotta lick your wounds, let them heal and have faith. And yeah you're right this world IS cruel but there is also good in this world too, it's just up to you whether or not you choose to see it.

Sapphire x
    Last edited by SapphireBerry; 19-10-11 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks for the feedback Sapphire, appreciate it =)

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoofy View Post
    I'm currently in a relationship with a woman for 2 months now after being cheated on in a 2 and a half year long relationship with my ex. And im having difficulty trusting this new woman.. I love this girl and I do trust her, but I guess the problem I'm having is that im constantly questioning my worth. I've seen in first person, how someone can change on a dime. By no means do I miss my ex.. But I miss the trust I used to have with women.

I hate being the jelous type and hate being reminded on how cruel people can be. I feel as if sometimes i have to be a better person i was when i was with my ex to keep this woman. Is it too early to be in a committed relationship? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you!

This is what im going through now, i just started seeing this guy and he was cheated on in his last relationship, he is also a little jealous and always wants to knwo what im doing and stuff but i understand so it doesnt bother me too much. but at times it does get annoying. u need to talk to your current gf and tell her how you feel. its not easy but it will help her and u and that way you can build a much stronger and healthier relationship

I have brought it to her attention and is well aware how I feel. She understands but we both try our best not to bring it up. I'm her first real relationship and first love. She also has been overly propected and conserved the majority of her teenage years.. So it makes it even more difficult on my part to let go. Regardless, I do try my best. Thank you =)