+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I've never felt this way towards this girl... Need advice/wisdom/help :/

I've never felt this way towards this girl... Need advice/wisdom/help :/

First of all I want to say a big thank you for that response to an earlier post I did a while back much appreciated! At that time I liked this girl and didn't know what to do at that stage I already had her on facebook but that was about it, I found it hard to talk to her, what to do... and such... Well I can say I think I've progressed much! But I really need advice again and some answers to questions (and wisdom too!)... I'll try explain/layout my situation.. everything really... I apologise if I don't make sense... been a while...

Me and her are now good friends... And I really do hope our friendship continues to grow... In Statistic lectures I normally arrive first and when she comes in, she sits next to me. I did help her with assignments and she was kind enough to drive me home too I no longer fear talking to her, at times I might get a little nervous but once i get into a conversation it just flows... Whenever she sees me, she'll say hi like the other day as I was talking to a friend, she tapped me on my shouldar and said hi to me... At a recent youth formal.. i complimented her on how beautiful she looked and again during a lecture when reflecting on that night during a conversation. I also said she's a great singer too (and she is too!)... I have her mobile number now, however I didn't ask for her number.. rather i gave her mine because she was asking for help regarding an assignment so that she could text me when she'll be at the library and she texted me there just to see if it "worked".. of course she never texted me and I simply rocked up at the library an hour and there she was... Overall I'm proud and impressed on how far I've come in terms of me and her, from me not knowing her, liking her to now where we are friends... Now, here comes my problems...

I feel hopeless sometimes... She is actually friends with alot of people I know or used to know in the past/from the past... And also on facebook I get spikes of hopelessness or to me perhaps reminders that the door is closing if I don't do something fast/soon... Like, she'll be friends with guys I knew... on facebook and that to me in a way makes me want to give up... It makes me think, did she add them or did they add her?? ALSO she seems to have "closer" guyfriends, like there are photos of her hanging out with other guys, not romantically or anything just friends, heck... there was even a formal a few weeks back and she was a partner to a guy... she looked beautiful... and that again made me feel... hopeless... giving up? I hope I make sense though... I guess the point is, im kinda worried.... perhaps because the door is closing? I often wonder if I have any chance at all??? She's beautiful and I like her for who she is as a person...

Should I get worried/agitated at all? When guys I knew/know befriend her on facebook?

Should I worry at all about guys who are much closer friends to her than me?

I have her number, but how often should I text her? I know not 24/7... definitely not cool... every few days? I hear? And I'm not quite the conversation starter haha...

She texted to see if that number "worked"... is that even a sign? lol..

She didn't text me to see if i was still in the library... again a sign? She did need help with tha assignment anyway... and after that drove me home...

Is it natural for me to feel these things? Especially for a first timer? in this so called "game of Life" as people describe it..

She posted a photo of herself... from that formal night... several guys complimented her and that sort of again led to me feelings of hopelessnes, one of the guys was her ex... I KNOW I shouldnt feel this way but I do... Why? And is this ok? I have a feeling it isnt...

I know I sound obsessive... I'm not and I'm trying not to be but if it does then clearly i need to step back a bit... I do have my own life... my studies... friends and issues i face, life has its challenges.... This girl is the first I've ever i guess truly liked and ive never gotten this far... all other girls ive only gone as far as being friends with them but not as far as this, people say its natural that i get agitated that stuff like her befriending guys I knew back then and guys who are closer friends to her than me. sort of thing, they say that it shows i really do care for her/take interest in her... but idk... These questions are all I have atm... I'll probably have more because right now, can't think straight... im tired, need sleep Bahaha XD

I also know several of her friends from her school too... If that helps and yes it will take time, I don't want to rush it, I really at this stage want to get to know her more, build that friendship etc...

I'm not good with i guess "impressing"... I know, be myself and all that... be honest/truthful... im not very funny though haha not that im boring..

Also this MAY be the last course I have with her in terms of uni studies... i will however see her at church and she has her own group of friends, again i worry/become agitated about the guys... *sigh* so confused by all this, I really hope I make sense here bahahaha But overall... Shes a friend, and I can't let my feelings/emotions obscure that truth

Again answers/advice/wisdom all appreciated! And if I have left anything out.. shall add them in

Didact1
    Last edited by Didact1; 20-10-11 at 07:55 PM.

Yes. It's normal. Try to relax. If she's pretty, other guys are going to compliment her. That's life. You will need to get used to that. At present you are just friends anyway, so you have absolutely no right to be jealous of her. You really need to calm down about all this!

Have you tried just asking her out?
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

No not yet... in time, and yes you're right... People have told me to take my time, let it all come naturally... And i guess its normal to feel this way, especially for a first timer and being inexperienced... as i said in time ill ask her out, i feel its too early though...

Bottom line is that if you don't ask her out, then your obsessing over her is almost creepy. You say you will ask her out in time. What are you waiting for? Does she need to send you an engraved invitation to ask her out? Are you hoping a passing comet will spell out an answer in its tail? Maybe you are waiting for that rare talking horse to tell you to ask her out? If you like her, just ask her out. If she isn't interested she will say no. If she is interested, she will say yes. It really can be that simple some times.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Again you're right and I admit that, I guess its my confidence really... She seems to get along with other guys really well,she jokes/laughs even in talking, she's more open/bubbly around them (these guys by the way aren't bad! they're good guys)... i have this feeling that she likes them/one of them? Whereas around me she's more quiet, we have small conversations... I'm not funny and not that kind of conversation sparkler... And just by that I lose hope/confidence shaken and stuff... I'm not experienced and like i said first time and I really appreciate your responses, thanks! I guess just go for it... If I would however... how do i ask? lol

Regards