+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lots of eye contact.... Doe it REALLY mean anything?

Lots of eye contact.... Doe it REALLY mean anything?

Okay, so this is mostly aimed at shy guys (it could apply to everyone, but this can relate to my situation).

I did a bit of browsing on the internet about how eye contact could mean anything, and most of them usually say no.... or maybe...

My situation is that, there's this shy guy at uni who makes eye contact with me every day (literally) and this has been going one for a few months now (no joke) but the problem is that he's really, really shy (and so am I) and we hardly ever talked.... in fact, we've only talked once and it was THEN that I started to like him.

I mean, other than eye contact I've noticed quite a few things but I have no idea whether I'm over-analysing the situation:
    -He'll go to the trouble of craning his neck around to look at me (if he knows I'm there).
    -I've also noticed that one of his friends kept on staring at me a few days back (which is quite unusual because I don't think he's interested in me like that).
    -He walks passed my desk A LOT .... but instead of going around 'in front of the desk', he'd always go around 'the back of the desk (behind me)' and whenever he's walking back, I can see his face in my direction sometimes.
    -Plus, the mass of eye contact.... pretty much every day, most of the time, it's him who looks at me but sometimes its me....
    -And, I just want to know, he has his back to me sometimes.... I mean, I do that because I'm too shy to face him, is it possibly the same for him?

So, does a lot of eye contact REALLY mean anything (considering the other signs shown as well)???

It would be great if you could answer my questions with your feedback!
    Oh, and sorry for the spelling error in the title..... ehe...

Coming from another shy guy, it absolutely positively means something. In fact, he reminds me a lot of me. If he is walking by your desk so often, maybe he wants to initiate a conversation, but can't bring himself to do it. I had this problem for a long time. Next time he walks by, simply say "hi" to him. If he doesn't reply, but takes notice of it or smiles but seems to start acting even more shy, then that means it gave him butterflies and that is a great sign. If he says "hi" back or maybe even works up he bravery to talk to you, then that is the best sign you could ask for. Some guys just need the girl to make the first move!

Also, to add to that, if his friend is also looking at you, then that may be another good sign. It means his friend is probably teasing him.
    Lol just to clarify, I feel a lot better now than when I made this profile name =P

Regardless if he is shy or not, he is probably looking for postive actions from you. Do you look back at him and smile? Maybe wave a "come here" hand at him? Do you ask him for help with your homework? Ask him to sit next to you when you're alone?

No? Well, if you don't act he's going to lose interest. I won't waste my time if a girl isn't interested in me.

More clear signals would be: you say he has nice eyes, tell him he's smart, or good at sports, or something. Tell him you like him, for more than a friend. If you don't make it clear, he will assume you just want to be friends. So, communicate! Or simply send him a note that says "I like you more than a friend and I would like to get to know you."
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Regardless if he is shy or not, he is probably looking for postive actions from you. Do you look back at him and smile? Maybe wave a "come here" hand at him? Do you ask him for help with your homework? Ask him to sit next to you when you're alone?

No? Well, if you don't act he's going to lose interest. I won't waste my time if a girl isn't interested in me.

More clear signals would be: you say he has nice eyes, tell him he's smart, or good at sports, or something. Tell him you like him, for more than a friend. If you don't make it clear, he will assume you just want to be friends. So, communicate! Or simply send him a note that says "I like you more than a friend and I would like to get to know you."
    Haha! I literally laughed out loud when I read this. She doesn't even know this guy - they've never even spoken!

Ayalillian - don't go sending him he's great at sports - you will look like a psycho, especially if he doesn't play any. When you catch him looking at you, smile and say hi! You can ask him if he likes the class, if he has to study much, what he does for fun, etc., but let him push the interest to the next level. You don't want to end up having to be the boy in the relationship, and he is going to have to learn to man up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?