+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Am I paranoid??? about facebook

Rafterman "Likes" this thread

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can we make a sticky for linking these threads to? I suggest calling it 'Facebook F-d Relationships'? Like the 'Doomed Internet Relationships' one?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Wow, four pages on my thread, only just a couple of all the replies responded to my questions. Best Love Advice forum ever! NOT. I don't blame users like the genius rafterman. I blame the moderators that probably as well sit behind their screens and laugh instead of getting rid of "rafterman" BSing replies.
    I don't think I will come back here if I need advice on my relationships. But if I'm in the mood for some BSing, then sure!
    In the meantime, thank you to the 2-3 people that replied to my questions, and goodbye. I was anyway just a passby user.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In case you are still around, Melinda, I think you should "unfriend" your boyfriend on Facebook. It's just going to make you crazy. Yes, perhaps he was a little bit flirty, but I believe that most people can engage in harmless flirting now and then without being dump-worthy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda01 View Post
    Wow, four pages on my thread, only just a couple of all the replies responded to my questions. Best Love Advice forum ever! NOT. I don't blame users like the genius rafterman. I blame the moderators that probably as well sit behind their screens and laugh instead of getting rid of "rafterman" BSing replies.
    I don't think I will come back here if I need advice on my relationships. But if I'm in the mood for some BSing, then sure!
    In the meantime, thank you to the 2-3 people that replied to my questions, and goodbye. I was anyway just a passby user.
    Or perhaps like the genius who wrote this^^........Because there's no BS on Facebook, hey Melinda? I cant stop laughing

But, I think that everyone pretty much nowadays thinks of facebook very seriously and spends HOURS in front of it, forming the perfect profile of how the other people sees that person. It IS a second social life, only that this is not reality, one can form the facebook reality how they want. !
    How about this for Bullsh!t Melinda.............LMFAO
    The fact that you dont really understand the meaning of reality, makes me laugh even more.
    Last edited by rafterman; 31-10-11 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Wanted to highlight some serious bullsh!t

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh no! We'll really miss you and your incredible contributions to this site! (note the sarcasm)

The mods don't get paid nearly enough. Oh wait, they don't get paid, period. So, next time you want guaranteed advice, suggest you open your wallet. Bye.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh yeah like I'm in a mood and have time for dealing with people who probably cannot deal with the reality ... Next time you report something, report some serious problem. Just because someone "Laughed his ass off" at the things you wrote, doesn't mean the world is going down or whatever ...
    I wazzzz here

Facebook seems to cause a lot of relationship drama. So do things like texting. Real communication is key, as well as not constantly checking or worrying what your partner is doing because then it seems to make more problems. When my boyfriend would use his Facebook account more some of the things he had done made me wonder too. He'd never comment on girls images or anything like that but one time he hid his comment activity and I know there was something else he hid too but I asked him about it and he said "well I thought it would hide it from people who weren't my friends" and I said "no, it hides it from everyone in general" and then he said "well I'd never hide anything from you" which he thought it bothered me and which I thought it was a little weird that it happened but I believed him and he no longer has it hidden. Although one time my boyfriend did like a picture and comment "OH YEAH!" on some cartoon image that was a joke on some page on Facebook. The image was of this cartoon woman in underwear with another head photoshopped over it and it was actually proportionate to a real woman. But of course I wouldn't feel threatened or offended by that, it's just a cartoon, and actually kind of funny he'd find that attractive, unless he was joking, but then again my boyfriend likes odd things so who knows... But anyway, your boyfriend's case is different since it's a real girl that he knows. You can either chose to accept he's flirty or dump him if you don't feel as if it's right. It's one thing to notice an attractive woman but to be flirtatious like that while in a relationship, I personally wouldn't put up with that.

Facebook is evil

Facebook is choking all the natural expression out of social interraction. SO PETTY! the written word does not convey naunces of facial expression which really flavor the exchange. and yet everyone takes little quips so litterally it becomes ahanging offense! I mean, to clicck on a 'like' in the spur of the moment, in passing, is perhaps equal to a cospiratorial 'wink' from a stranger who 'gets' some random thing about the moment, or a barman saying, 'looking good today, ladies, what'll it be...?" . It's ridiculous.Contrived or natural, it is becoming a great stagnant pool of petty, boring, recycled, gossip and sickly reposted sentiments of 'someone else who said it better'. Turn it off and go back to trusting the person you love and allowing them to breateh, interact and be bloody imperfectly normal!

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsybell View Post
    Facebook is choking all the natural expression out of social interraction. SO PETTY! the written word does not convey naunces of facial expression which really flavor the exchange. and yet everyone takes little quips so litterally it becomes ahanging offense! I mean, to clicck on a 'like' in the spur of the moment, in passing, is perhaps equal to a cospiratorial 'wink' from a stranger who 'gets' some random thing about the moment, or a barman saying, 'looking good today, ladies, what'll it be...?" . It's ridiculous.Contrived or natural, it is becoming a great stagnant pool of petty, boring, recycled, gossip and sickly reposted sentiments of 'someone else who said it better'. Turn it off and go back to trusting the person you love and allowing them to breateh, interact and be bloody imperfectly normal!
    Sometimes it is innocent. But I personally know of a friend (now, ex-friend), who would use facebook, instant messaging, etc to flirt with guys (and sometimes even saying really sexually provocative things) while she has a boyfriend. And then use the excuse that it is online so it is acceptable. Her late night chats with one guy in particular stirred up drama.

I cant believe some of the posters in this thread. Heres a poor girl opening her heart about something thats obviously troubling her about her bf, and not a single person has asked her to post a pic of the bird in the bikini from her bfs facebook.

Shame on you all.

Quote Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
    Facebook is evil
    You cant say that! Melinda gets real cranky, so I found out. She'll probably go postal on your ass, in some sort of paranoid, delusional psychotic rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsybell View Post
    I LOVE YOU!!! perfectly said!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast