+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I cut back on all our sex and make him work for it.

Should I cut back on all our sex and make him work for it.

I've been with my boyfriend for a year and we've been sleeping together for the last 9 months. lately we've been having A LOT of sex. I'm talking 3x's a day 5 days a week. I don't know why but recently i've just been addicted to him. I feel like he might not be getting the same excitement out of it as he used to though. He says "you want me so bad I don't even have to work for it." and today for like the very first time he turned sex down, said he was tired and needed to get home, Which I know was all true he had things to do but still, I've never been turned down by him. I'm used to him begging for it and now the cards have turned.

Should I stop having so much sex with him? and should I make him work for it more? if yes, how so?

Why not do something else with your time with him instead, like going to the movies, go out dancing, go to the gym, shopping....have a life outside the bedroom. Don't completely stop having sex, but do it in moderation. Maybe spend time away from him...have some space to do your own thing with friends or family.

Sex is a great release....if you do it so much there is nothing really to release, so let it build up for a few days so you both have something to look forward to.

It seems to me that too much of a good thing would eventually make it not so special anymore. It'd just be the same ol' thing day after day-- after day-- after day......
    If you carry old bricks from your past relationship to your new one,
    you will build the same house that fell apart before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    When was the last time you did something for the first time?

If you make him work for it, he'll just find someone else. That's using sex in an abusive manner. Guys don't stick around for that.

Have all the sex you want. What's wrong with that?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I don't think you should be manipulative in any way (it never works). Perhaps the next time you want to have sex with him try to understand whether he wants it too, before initiating. Try teasing him and wait to see if he takes the next step. If he doesn't, don't take it yourself, he'll come around soon enough : ). If he doesn't ever initiate for quite a long time (compared to his usual standards), then talk to him about it.
    Last edited by searock; 04-11-11 at 02:36 AM.

Just curious: after the second time in a day does he have a hard time cumming again? Does it take him a long time? Does he really have to work at it?
    The marriage bed must be a place of mutuality—the husband seeking to satisfy his wife, the wife seeking to satisfy her husband. Marriage is not a place to "stand up for your rights." Marriage is a decision to serve the other, whether in bed or out. -- 1 Corinthians 7 (The Message)

geez, give the dude a break. Sex can be exhausting if you do it so often. He's not turning you down, per se. He just wants to do other stuff also...
    Don't cut back on sex deliberately. This would build resentment. Have other types of fun for a change.

o let it build up for a few days so you both have something to look forward to.
    Hee hee. Speak for yourself. I've met women that can orgasm every 5 minutes. It's amazing. 30 orgasms in a few hours.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Bulrush and searock have it right. If you're manipulative, you're going to lose. So he turned you down - so what? It's normal in a relationship for that to slow down.

You know some people just show some constraint when they have other stuff to do or he really is exhausted

I suppose if this is a serious issue, that you could say you are not in the mood for a few days, then jump on him one day. It's not outright manipulation, but he seems to be "burned out" a little from all the sex. Even Mr. Happy gets tired sometimes. OTOH, he needs to get other things done too, so let him get things done, then pull him into bed with you.

Sex should be something happy a couple shares, but you both have to realize chores need to get done also.

I don't see his comment "I don't even have to work for sex" as serious. It's just an idle observation. Don't take it too seriously.
    Last edited by bulrush; 05-11-11 at 01:05 AM.

3X a day for 9 months is pretty damn good. I whack it that many times a day, but usually cum twice a day when seeing the GF.

He only denied you sex ONCE, that is NOTHING. I deny my GF sex a few times a month... tired, pissed at her.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    If you make him work for it, he'll just find someone else.
    THIS!