+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I stop feeling so sad and move on

How can I stop feeling so sad and move on

I cry every single day, and I've never felt like this before like a huge part of me is just dead on the inside. Even when I'm happy and with friends, I know deep down I just wanna think about it and cry.

I had a crush on a guy, and we became friends. We would keep in touch, call each other etc. I was so happy that I was actually friends with the guy I liked, I felt like it was so much more then a crush because we were actually friends. I was pretty sure he liked me as well. I tried to let him know I liked him, but I wasn't direct because I didn't want to just come out and say it and it be awkward. We were texting back and forth, so I told him that "I liked this guy :p" ( I was referring to him but I guess he didn't get that) he just stopped texting. Now he just cut me out of his life, doesn't call me doesn't text, nothing. And I've tried to reinitiated contact, and he'll respond, but after that he won't reinitiate contact himself. He was so cold to me, and I feel like I just lost the "love" of my life and my friend at the same time. Just writing this makes me cry, because I thought we had something special. Its safe to say were not friends any more, maybe just acuientances that say hi if we see each other. And its killing me to think that he wouldn't even care enough to keep me in his life as a friend.

He hasn't initiated contact in over 3 months.

What can I do to accept that its over and move on? I've tried doing charity work, I've tried trying to contact him to be friends again, I've tried getting active/running, and eating healthy

I never did tell him that I ment him, I did call him and tell him that I liked him (but I think he took it as just me liking him as a person) Im the shy-est girl in the world, and I couldn't just come right out and say it I thought maybe in the future I could bring in up, but hes never wanted to han out with me since.... and now that its been 3 months I fell like were not friends and that I don't have the right to do that anymore

You know that he likes you, so you got nothing to worry about getting rejected.
    If you really like him then you have to explain to him properly and tell him that you like him as a friend and don't want to lose him.

Facepalm.

So you just give up due to small mistake?

Fight, god damn it, if you think he is worth it. Find whatever way, go to his toor if nothing else works.
    Don't expect anything.

but its been about 3 months since we've talked, I fear getting my heart broken again because he hasn't even bothered to say hi or contact me in so long. I feel like if he really cared about me and wanted me in his life wouldn't he have at least tried to stay in contact. I feel like were just going to drift a part and never see each other again.

Why do girls always think that most men don't have feelings? Even the guys that look like they can take on a practical joke can get hurt. You really messed this one up. If you really like this guy more than a friend because he was your crush, go out and get him. Do something special for him and get as close as you can. Keep us posted.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by brokenheart3 View Post
    but its been about 3 months since we've talked, I fear getting my heart broken again because he hasn't even bothered to say hi or contact me in so long. I feel like if he really cared about me and wanted me in his life wouldn't he have at least tried to stay in contact. I feel like were just going to drift a part and never see each other again.
    His heart broken by what you've said to him, that is probably why he is distance.
    Just tell him how you really feel and if he acted cold and didn't care then, just move on.

You broke his heart by saying 'I like this guy'. He probably went WTF ???You ladies -more often than not-expect us guys to be mindreaders.
    I'm sorry to say that it does not work. I wish it did though. We guys have crude brains leaving us much less receptive to subtle clues.I understand you said that because of your fear of rejection.
    Your approach to taking things to the next level had the opposite effect. Happens.
    I still think you have a chance though. I'd try to clear things up with him and don't fear getting hurt this time
    since you have already done that.You have nothing to lose. But remember.Sometimes it pays to be just upfront with a guy you like.Especially when you feel he's liking you back.
    Because the majority of us males (myself included) are just-simply put-dumb.
    Last edited by E.T.; 10-11-11 at 03:23 AM.

update

I haven't seen him since I last posted,
    The only way I see him anymore is if we bump into each on on campus by coincidence (same college different classes though)
    And I don't have his number anymore.

We had a crazy history together where I lost his trust, but I forgave him. I think it made us closer, but now its been more then 3 months since we've said more then two words to each other. I know because of what I said I must have hurt his feelings, but if he hasn't even tried to stay my friend after all that we've been through, I must not really matter to him at all.

so I should just move on right?