+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I dont know what to do, or if this even makes sense

I dont know what to do, or if this even makes sense

The basic run down of this situation is ive been with him for 2 years, we broke up in june, and were still "together" yet he hasent asked me back out. He has depression, its clearly obvious he isent happy with his life, even though he got into nursing school 2 years early for next semester.

We talked last night, and i feel that he doesnt want to work on this anymore. Its been said that if i didnt ask or make plans to come and see him that he wouldnt. Which out of his mouth, he said "well, there are times when im going to want to just be alone, not see you or anything". Which is completely fine, but im the one who always makes plans, not him. He doesnt make the effort to come and see me. We both arent as happy as we should be, which we both know it, i want it to work, and he says he does. But how do you say that you want something to work and not put any effort into it working?

I basically feel that he doesnt want to be in this like he says he does, he doesnt put as much effort in as i would like to see. Im stuck in a rut. He doesnt talk to me about his life, i know something is bothering him but i really have no idea what it is, other than my thoughts.

I guess im just asking what would you do?

Tough love, tell him he either explains himself, or he starts showing some initiative. You need something out of this relationship too, if he is not willing to provide it, then what is the point?