+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on dating a shy Spanish girl

Advice on dating a shy Spanish girl

Hello.
    Thank you for reading.

I am totally falling for a girl, but I have some things I want to ask about which hopefully someone here can advise me on.
    We met 2 months ago, and instantly somehow were connected. We have spoke about it and agree that we just locked on to each other.
    The thing is, she is very shy (at certain times) She speaks English well enough to verbally communicate with me, but I speak no Spanish, although with her I am learning. When I am with her she is very quiet and only speaks when spoken to, which I understand is probably a language thing mostly. The thing that is bothering me most though is that, when at my house, she is very affectionate and we have kissed alot, she has stayed over a few times too. (sleeping, not sex) BUT when I see her outside of my house, on campus/library we both act like we are just friends. We say hi, ask the usual mundane small talk, almost like what has happened previously is a secret. I'll admit I am sometimes socially awkward, and with her it just doubles because I really like her, so I guess I am not doing much good for her shyness.

Any tips or advice on how I can act more like myself would be great, or what you think the thing is with us about not continuing the affection and relationship-ness into everyday situations.

Thanks again.

Learn spanish.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo11 View Post
    Hello.
    Thank you for reading.

I am totally falling for a girl, but I have some things I want to ask about which hopefully someone here can advise me on.
    We met 2 months ago, and instantly somehow were connected. We have spoke about it and agree that we just locked on to each other.
    The thing is, she is very shy (at certain times) She speaks English well enough to verbally communicate with me, but I speak no Spanish, although with her I am learning. When I am with her she is very quiet and only speaks when spoken to, which I understand is probably a language thing mostly. The thing that is bothering me most though is that, when at my house, she is very affectionate and we have kissed alot, she has stayed over a few times too. (sleeping, not sex) BUT when I see her outside of my house, on campus/library we both act like we are just friends. We say hi, ask the usual mundane small talk, almost like what has happened previously is a secret. I'll admit I am sometimes socially awkward, and with her it just doubles because I really like her, so I guess I am not doing much good for her shyness.

Any tips or advice on how I can act more like myself would be great, or what you think the thing is with us about not continuing the affection and relationship-ness into everyday situations.

Thanks again.
    Well, do you put your arm aroung her or hold her hand when you're walking through campus or, do you just meet and then act like you're her platonic friend? She sounds shy and I think you're going to have to be the take charge kinda guy. It's likely she'll very willingly follow your lead by the sounds of things. The more you both get to know one another's native languages the more you'll be able to communicate better as well.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks, yes hearing that from someone has helped me to realise I need to take charge. No we have no physical contact in public, as, whilst I am describing her as shy, the same can easily be said about me.

Shy or not she is still a woman.
    Respect and connect with her is all you need.