+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ignoring me

Ignoring me

A friend of mine from high school and I started talkin a lot more lately. She wanted to fly up and visit me. We started getting closer as time went on and she said it would be a good chance to see where things could go between us. As it got closer it seemed to me that she was loosing interest. She finally flew out for her 4 day visit.
    I figured she still wanted to try it so I finally made a move and kissed her. I could tell it was awkward. That night I asked her if everythin was ok and if the kiss bothered her. She said she was fine and she knows I like her but she only feels me as a friend. I said ok and left it at that.
    The last 2 days I had an awkward feeling between the both of us. When she left I asked her to get ahold of me to let me know she got home ok...never did. I txted her and asked and she just gave me one word responces. Finally I asked her if everything was ok between us and she said yes. She hasnt talked to me at all since...and I know shes always txting. Last night I asked her how her thanksgiving was and got nothin. Im getting really sick of bein lied to and believing everything is ok. I dont wanna loose her as a friend but shes not being friendly with me. Should I call her out on it or no?

Why call her out on it? She's not interested in dating you, and she thinks all you want to do is date. If she wanted to date you, she would have called or texted. My advice: find another friend. If she respected you at least she could have called you and said she didn't want to date you. But she doesn't even have the balls to do that.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

she told you, and her actions are speaking loud. her 4 day visit might of just to catch up with a friend nothing more and you saw it as somthing more. if somone cannot text you in 3 days, ok ill even give you 5 days...they are not interested. try and watch out for the signs.

If you really want to be friends with her and nothing more then, just tell her and make her understand you.

I do understand that and we already talked about that. She said she only saw me as a friend and I totally agree with her. Thats the only way I know her. And since we talked I havent done anything to make her think im still in that mind set. Im just trying to be friendly now and shes ignoring me. When I asked if everything was ok she said yes and told me that i did nothing that would make me loose her as a friend. Ok...if I didnt do anything then I dont know understand why shes ignoring me.

Quote Originally Posted by ufas1987 View Post
    I do understand that and we already talked about that. She said she only saw me as a friend and I totally agree with her. Thats the only way I know her. And since we talked I havent done anything to make her think im still in that mind set. Im just trying to be friendly now and shes ignoring me. When I asked if everything was ok she said yes and told me that i did nothing that would make me loose her as a friend. Ok...if I didnt do anything then I dont know understand why shes ignoring me.
    Most likely, she is lying to you? I'm not sure...
    But try to talk to her and make her understand that you've made mistake by kissing her and you just want to be friends.
    Or she's ignoring you because she now feels a bit awkward?

Why do you give a shit if you get to keep her as a friend or not? You don't see her on a regular basis, so what's the point of maintaining a one sided friendship?

I really hope she wasn't staying at your place, and if she was you should've kicked her out of your house when she said she just saw you as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Why call her out on it? She's not interested in dating you, and she thinks all you want to do is date. If she wanted to date you, she would have called or texted. My advice: find another friend. If she respected you at least she could have called you and said she didn't want to date you. But she doesn't even have the balls to do that.
    Actually, she DID tell him that she's not interested in dating him and sees him only as a friend. Should be clear enough.

OP, let it go. Wait until you get over her, then once you are 100% sure you have no more feelings for her, contact her again and see if you can be friends again.

I have a gut feeling she started having an interest in someone else closer to her. She is probably concentrating on making that relationship work and is unsure about how to tell you since she probably feels a little guilty since she knows you have feelings for her. Basically just take some time and concentrate on yourself and your other friends. Maybe in time she will come around and understand that friendship is all you want too. Just let her know that you are cool with just being friends and that you would like the two of you to stay in touch. Then it is up to her.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!