+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she ignoring me?

Why is she ignoring me?

My friend of over 6 months his completely ignoring me. It was a complicated relationship but to get to the point, we both knew we loved each other and she had to clear some things from her past in order for her to move on with me, so I gave her space. She didn't clear those things up, so I had to move on. She sent me a text wishing me happy birthday 10 minutes before the birthday night was over. Recently I mailed her a x-mas gift and texted her to see if she received it and also thanking her for bday wishes as well, and no response. A mutual friend says that she has a lot on her mind and has been stressed out. If it's over I can completely move on, but it feels like she can text me anytime I want to and I can't to her. She's all I think about and I have gone out with a lot of girls ever since. It's hard to forget about someone when a text pops up every 2 weeks. I feel like maybe she is not strong enough to hear my voice but why is she ignoring me? Should I really forget about her?

Good luck trying to "forget" her. It won't happen. Just try not to get your hopes up about it.

I've been in the similar sitution. A guy friend of mine that I'd known 4 years (and we were in love.. still are) did the exact same thing. A few months ago he turned into a complete jerk. He was doing his own thing, new girlfriend, thought he was the shit (excuse my language). Well a few months later of me not talking to him, he came to his senses and realized that we are good for each other. And I was important to him. He just needed time to get that new found attitude out of his system and get all of his ducks in a row persay.

Now I'm not implying that this is the same case, I've just heard of a lot of people who experience the same situation. Where you know the both of you are good for each other, you've just each got to be mature enough/in the right state in order to proceed with your feelings.

I would suggest giving her a little space for now. She sounds like she needs to do a little growing up.
    I ought to know better than to do what I do, but I ain't no quitter.

hmmmmmmmmmmm..

Its annoying when girls text you whenever they feel like an ego boost or when they are down. I always delete the numbers of girls who mess me about or who are clearly not interested in me.

I have also in the past asked girls to tell me straight if there is any future - if their answer is "no", i ask them to prove it by deleting my phone number. A few have cracked at this point and not deleted it, but at least the ones who really dont want to know will delete it and have no way of contacting you out of the blue when it suits them.

I ve dealt with girls in the past who like to play games and I'm good with recognizing those types. This girl is very shy and doesn't come across like the one who hates disappointing people. Basically who is afraid to let her feelings show, that's why its frustrating to not be able to communicate with.

what does she have to "clear up"? You have to be more specific.

I just found out from her friend that she is breaking up with her bf and her parents are convincing her to move back home, far away from here. She still has yet to contact me

MisterFlapJack Guest
    Oh man, she's moving? How far? If you don't bring this to a closure before she moves away, it's going to get confusing/painful/depressing/etc while she's over there.

That is unless she is absolutely positive about being in a long distance relationship with you.

3 hour flight away.
    I know she loved me. She said I was the first to ever send flowers to her office, first person to ever treat her like a lady, first to make her laugh everyday.
    I can honestly say that all I wanted was closure. I am discovering now, unfortunately, that she'd rather surpress her feelings and let people walk all over her, than to confront. It's hard to be able to communicate with someone you love while getting the silent treatment this whole process. Does anything think that she will ever have a conversation with me ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy85 View Post
    I know she loved me. She said I was the first to ever send flowers to her office...
    OK let me understand correctly. She admitted that she loves you in those unambiguous terms? or are you just inferring from her "attitude" towards you? Sometimes women can make you feel that they are in love with you but they're actually not. Indeed she's got you hooked and you're completely infatuated and lovesick. Her holding back, giving you the silent treatment, but nevertheless periodically reminding you of her presence by sending a text message is a well known coquettish trick to keep you under her heels. This is very probably not what you want to hear but just be careful is my advice.

If she cannot make you as much of a priority in her life as she wants to be in yours, then why are you bothering? Seems rather one-sided and energy leeching to me.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

You should go and see her to clear up things. So that both of you can decide what should have to do so that both of you can move on. If she don't want a help from you it shows that she can handle problems on her own. Some things and problems get worst if you don't talk about it sooner. Good Luck
    [URL="http://www.sexyspiritualrelationships.com"]Tantra and Kama Sutra Home Study Course[/URL]