+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I ask out a complete random

How do I ask out a complete random

Firstly let me point out, im really shy around women i've never asked a girl out since school and she shot me down flat, pretty much laughed in my face.

The relationships I have had I've known the girls before hand and well it kinda moved on naturally.

Now I live in a new area dont know anyone but theres this girl who works in my local supermarket who I think is pretty cute, I want to say something but don't know how or what as Im too worried ill get shot down.

I know im not the best looker, im quite skinny and ontop of that ive got abit of a lazy eye which as you can imagine is great for my confidence.

As well as that I've got 2 kids from a previous relationship which puts alot of women off. As you can tell i have pretty bad self confidence

Any ideas how the hell I would go about doing this or even if its worth doing, all I know is her name (as she wears a name tag) never seen her outside of the supermarket or anything like that.

Sigh stuck in a confidence limbo
    Last edited by yusuo; 30-11-11 at 09:09 AM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well first off, if you don't get over the lack of self confidence you're going to have trouble getting a girl to go out with you. Why don't you start focusing on your positive attributes instead of your negative ones? Self-deprecating people are just no fun to be around. I've met some less than attractive guys who made up for it by being funny and smart and CONFIDENT.

Work on that, and when you've managed to convince yourself that are are worth someone's affection, then go ask for her number.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Try to build rapport with her before you go asking her out. Make small talk and try to make her laugh. Build up to a point that she'll remember who you are when you shop there. Get to know things about her, like what kind of movies or music she likes. Once you've become friendly with her, then you can ask if she'd like to go with you to see that band she mentioned liking, or whatever.

Just don't be creepy about it and show up everyday and hang around more than necessary.

Just gunna talk to her to start of with, ask her how her days going, whats shes upto when she manages to escape from work.

It'll be stupid to ask her out straight away it'll be creepy and if she does say no i;ve blown my shot + ill feel awkward going food shopping there, so start with the standard, hey hows you?, fun day? upto much when you finish your sentence, if she smiles compliment her on it, beyond that im kinda lost though lol.