+ Follow This Topic

Thread: did we move too fast?

did we move too fast?

I was with a girl for 3 years (were both 26) and I had to move away for a job. We had talked about getting engaged for quite some time but I wasn't ready at the time. We did the distance thing for a few months before she decided it was too hard on her without a commitment. After a couple months of being seperated I decided I wanted to make it work but she had started dating and it caused some drama. Recently we started talking and hanging out again (moved back to her state) for the past 4 months. Things were going well. Then she wanted to know if we were working on getting back together. She mentioned she had the chance to go on a date so she wanted to know what we were. We started holding hands and coudling on the couch around a month ago. Things were going really well. She started talking about how happy she was to have me back in her life. Then a couple weeks ago after going to a pro football game and having a memorable night I decided to kiss her. It was a brief parting kiss but she wanted to continue kissing so I left her hanging a little. She was very happy after that and all seemed well. Then the next time we hung out we ended up making out on her couch and then she brought up if we were moving too fast. She said she was surprised when I had kissed her after the game. Then the next week she spent the night and I didn't make any moves physically other than cuddling and a few kisses. The next morning however she pushed things a little and we fooled around some. I felt it was too fast and started to get concerned. During this morning she kept saying "I love this and that about you". I took this as a very good sign. She then asked when she could see me again. Then the last time we hung out there was some kissing again but then she brought up the moving too fast thing again and that there may be a slippery slope due to any baggage from when we broke up. Finally, This last weekend we had tentative plans to hang out and she pretty much blew me off. We talked the next day and I told her how it kinda hurt and wondered what was up. She said we were moving too fast and needed a step back to just friends and that she would be ok with me going on dates. This caught me off guard and now I dont know what to do. I told her I needed space but then retracted the next day wanting to talk things out but she said she agreed that we shouldn't talk for a while. I dont know what to do here or if I should do anything at all. We went from breaking up due to distance to now living less than a mile from each other but now this happened. Did I move too fast or is she playing me? Im giving her space but uncertain of the future. I greatly appreciate any input.

sounds like she wants what she cant have so once she has you she feels its moving to fast so you slow down, then she wants you again and then she tells you your going to fast. tthe part where she says shes ok for you going on dates sounds like shes trying to pass you off cause she didnt want you as much as she thought. but once you do she will come crying back. its what us girls do for reasons sometimes we dont even know. i know iv done it. its not fair for you and id move on.