+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Signals

Mixed Signals

Good people of the forum I need your help please! I have been getting some positive signals from a girl at work. Flirting and lots of signs of interest & coffee & lunch. We've e-mailed each other a lot. Although I'm getting mixed signals now. I've asked her out and she said yes I'll let you know when and never got back to me. I asked her again and she said yes soon I promise. Is she indecisive, playing a game or politely saying I'm not interested? This is driving me crazy! Any opinions or ways to handle the situation would be much appreciated!

This is a weird one my friend. Usually a woman just says 'no', or 'yes' and then the guy tells her a date and time. Women don't like to be calling the shots initially. Perhaps the next time you ask her, just tell her a time and place. If she agrees, then there you are. If she stands you up, you'll know. But as for your present scenario, where she has told you 'yes soon', perhaps you could ask her what days she is free and work out a date? Don't worry about seeming intrusive or rude by doing this, after all, it is not exactly polite to approve a date then never contact the person to arrange it, is it? You don't have to take any kind of that behaviour as 'normal womanly ways'. It isn't. The 21st centrury has us all ****ed up on what way we should engage the opposite sex. I say do it fairly, and expect what you would give my friend - a straight answer.

And besides, she might actually be wanting just that from you - for you to take control.

My father would say 'grab the bull by the horns, women like a bit of rough'. It's true. You can be too polite sometimes.

I have to agree. Women like assertive men, as long as they are not jerks about it. But she might also be seeing someone else. So you simply have to tell her "I'll pick you up at 6pm and take you to PF Chang's for dinner on Friday night. See you then."
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)