+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this too early?

Is this too early?

Alright. I was in this two year relationship, but things got out of hand this year, and she started to act weirdly (most of the reasons was listed in my past post). Anyway, I started to feel more alone and feeling like I don't amount to anything. It was when she had not returned my texts for a couple of weeks that I decided to take action, and call her to just ask her "What the hell?", not in those words, but definately in the same context. Anyway, I found out the reason why all of this began... She had recently fell out of love with me, and never told me. She broke up with me. She told me that we could still be friends, but she actually wanted me at a party with her next week. Understandably, I hung up.

Not having to take any more heartbreak from her, i've been alright since the breakup, and have been told that I have been acting more cheery after the night, there's just a question that I keep asking myself. Now what? I mean, I just want the closeness of a relationship, and someone who loves me for who I am, which my ex never wanted or did (I probably should've guessed then). My only problem is exactly that, every relationship left me feeling more and more alone. It really makes me wonder if I should leave out relationships altogether for now, or continue to persue a definate love.

So i'm wondering, should I move on and try to find someone else? Or wait for a while and see what fate has in store?

This is what life is all about. Relationships will come and go, this one ended and so will the next......til you finally meet the one. When it will happen who knows? This is how we are prepared for marriage. You learn from your experiences and so those you date. You grow a little each time. What you are feeling is discouragement. You didn't fail. She just wasn't the one......we heal, we grow we move on. Remember not to forget about yourself...to treat yourself with the good things that life has to offer....it not just about being in love.....learn to be happy just being with yourself, keep busy, make new friends, learn new things, travel, enjoy new experiences. Love will find you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem666 View Post
    So i'm wondering, should I move on and try to find someone else? Or wait for a while and see what fate has in store?
    Don't go around trying to find love. It will come to you.

Alright. Thanks for the replies. Like I said, I was just having a little moment of questioning. I've decided to do what I thought I should do, just hang out with my friends, continue to try and perfect my music and just go with the flow =].

I see life as made up of chapters, delineated by major events, such as relationships. You have simply ended one chapter, and begun another one. Learn from the past, and apply that new wisdom to the future. She was very immature just to ignore you and not even tell you that you two had broken up. Now find a girl that is more mature and direct with you. You deserve it.

In every relationship I have, I learn a little more about what I want, and more about what I don't want in a partner. For example, I have learned that it is irritating when a girl simply stops contacting me. I would rather she said that she is not interested in me. I am not a person with a lot of drama, just tell me the truth, and I'll move on. But don't disrespect me by ignoring me.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I see life as made up of chapters, delineated by major events, such as relationships. You have simply ended one chapter, and begun another one. Learn from the past, and apply that new wisdom to the future. She was very immature just to ignore you and not even tell you that you two had broken up. Now find a girl that is more mature and direct with you. You deserve it.

In every relationship I have, I learn a little more about what I want, and more about what I don't want in a partner. For example, I have learned that it is irritating when a girl simply stops contacting me. I would rather she said that she is not interested in me. I am not a person with a lot of drama, just tell me the truth, and I'll move on. But don't disrespect me by ignoring me.
    Thank you. I do know what I want in a partner, just someone who is nice, easy-going and fun-loving. The only problem, which I addressed to myself last night, is the fact that all of my past experiences have only had one to none of those qualities, which always ended the same way, with me getting trampled on. But i've decided to just do nothing, and hopefully, one day, the one that's right for me, and is willing to accept me for who I am, will eventually cross paths.

sadie_genie Guest
    Hang out with friends and family this Christmas holiday to take your mind off it. There are better girls out there so just be patient.

the biggest problem people make is jumping from one relationship into another when you haven't even healed from the first one. SLOW DOWN. Take time to get over your ex... it takes time. Do things for yourself, work out, take up a hobby, do things that will make you more confident and happy. When you feel like you are ready to date again...go for it. You will know when you are ready to date again. Right now you aren't. Mrs. Right is somewhere out there....but you gotta get your head outta the sand first to be able to see your surroundings more clearly.

I understand how you feel. You were hurt from what she did and you were depress that's why you think so low of yourself but please don't. You've learned from what happened then may it be a lesson to your next relationship. Make yourself better till the day that you can find someone to love again. Don't look for a perfect person coz there is no such thing as that. Be the best person for someone someday and make your relationship work by being patient, loving and understanding. And when you know that you've truly given your best into that relationship then there'll be no regrets after all you always learn and become more mature after each heart break. love and accept yourself first so others will love and accept you for who you are. It is a nice feeling to be in love and the best act of love is to accept the love that the other person gives you.